Staggered check-in starts the day we sail

bar10der421

So we did our online check-in and printed boarding passes two days ago, now John Heald posts on that other social media that staggered check in starts in Jacksonville on January 23, the day we sail. Carnival's website has not caught up yet as there is no where to choose a time. So I guess I keep checking back? Or will I maybe get an e-mail?

So we did our online check-in and printed boarding passes two days ago, now John Heald posts on that other social media that staggered check in starts in Jacksonville on January 23, the day we sail. Carnival's website has not caught up yet as there is no where to choose a time. So I guess I keep checking back? Or will I maybe get an e-mail?

You SHOULD get an email. We did before on our last cruise out of NYC. But keep checking. We are also on this latest list for Magic:

Here are the latest home ports to start staggered check in.

Carnival Elation Jacksonville 1/23/2017

Carnival Liberty Port Canaveral 1/26/2017

Carnival Magic 1/28/2017

Carnival Sunshine 1/29/2017

Carnival Pride Tampa 1/15/2017

Carnival Paradise 1/16/2017

Carnival Fascination San Juan 1/22/2017

Carnival Legend Seattle 5/8/2017

Carnival Legend Vancouver 4/30/2017

i would keep checking a couple times per day. it will be under my cruise manager. on top left in the blue square where it says to do list . and if you have already done online check in then click on edit online check in and if it is up it will be listed on the left under current guests then it will have your names. then the next box between your names and stateroom preference will be the my check in time. then if it is up i guess you will have to reprint your boarding pass so it includes your check in time on it so you can show to the employee outside the terminal. if it isn't your time slot you can't get into the terminal. if you are later than your time slot then you can go in also.

Edited by splintz

I took carnival about a week to a week and half to update the website with the check in times from the time i got an email about it. (this was for the vista out of NYC, carnival website is always slow update)

Edited by shof515

You still have to choose a check-in time on line if you are Platinum or Diamond, but those folks can actually arrive at the pier for check-in anytime they wish. I am Platinum, so I always choose the latest check-in time but show up about 11 AM, leaving the earlier check-in times available for those that have to adhere to the time they've chosen.

i would keep checking a couple times per day. it will be under my cruise manager. on top left in the blue square where it says to do list . and if you have already done online check in then click on edit online check in and if it is up it will be listed on the left under current guests then it will have your names. then the next box between your names and stateroom preference will be the my check in time. then if it is up i guess you will have to reprint your boarding pass so it includes your check in time on it so you can show to the employee outside the terminal. if it isn't your time slot you can't get into the terminal. if you are later than your time slot then you can go in also.

Thanks so much for the detailed reply. :)

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3180/~/staggered-check-in

If I hadn't gone to my roll call on social media I never would have known about this. It was hard to figure out how to pick a time. Called Carnival and the lady walked me through it. This was set in motion yesterday. No emails sent to anyone yet, she said corporate is closed and emails should go out Monday (if at all). What a royal screw up. People who completed boarding pass and docs before yesterday won't have this info on boarding pass. Expect a mess at the terminal.

If I hadn't gone to my roll call on social media I never would have known about this. It was hard to figure out how to pick a time. Called Carnival and the lady walked me through it. This was set in motion yesterday. No emails sent to anyone yet, she said corporate is closed and emails should go out Monday (if at all). What a royal screw up. People who completed boarding pass and docs before yesterday won't have this info on boarding pass. Expect a mess at the terminal.

Picked my time and re-printed my boarding pass.

Thank you for posting this link. It does not show Jacksonville as getting the staggered check-in which is maybe why I can't find it for my booking. I got the information that Jacksonville was included from John Heald's fb post. Is is possible that HE could have been wrong? Perish the thought!

A big hurrah for staggered check in times. These check in times make a HUGE difference. Its was so much easier last year when they started doing this in NOLA. Before it was a cluster of people shoving and screaming that someone was ahead of them. The port staff would just send you around and around in lines because the lines were full in the building. Now it's organized chaos.

Do not go to the port check in entrance one second before your time. You will be waiting in a long long line outside in the elements. Sometimes even at your time they can be behind and you will stand in the long long long line. Just saying.

If you have completed your online checkin and your port is included in the time slots, you will be listed as an incomplete checkin when the time slots do open up. Then you have to go back into online checkin and complete your online check in by choosing a time slot.

Edited by tbbtravels

Just curious for example what are the check in times for Port Everglades for Carnival Conquest. I checked in for our Feb 12 cruise knowing nothing about this check in thing and I got 12:00 to 12:30 I think. I am wondering if earlier times were already taken ?? Thanks

Just curious for example what are the check in times for Port Everglades for Carnival Conquest. I checked in for our Feb 12 cruise knowing nothing about this check in thing and I got 12:00 to 12:30 I think. I am wondering if earlier times were already taken ?? Thanks

Yep as it fills up it closes out that time slot. It will eventually be 2 to 230 is all that is left.

It still hasn't come up for Jax on my 1/28 cruise.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

If you've already checked-in, just to be sure, go to:

MY CRUISE MANAGER|TO DO LIST|ON-LINE CHECK-IN (EDIT)|My Check-in Time

Check-in selection appeared for our 28 Jan 2017 Magic Port Canaveral cruise came-up yesterday, with of course no notification.

Ken

Edited by Ken076