Your Time dining on the Carnival Breeze pros and cons

Galleon1234

We did your time in December on the Breeze. The only time we waited was on the First Formal night. It was only about 20 minutes. We had a great experience with it and had gotten to know one of the staff and just asked for her section each time because she was great with our kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for your replies. I wish they would allow you to make a reservation for the same waiter and time for the cruise. When we used YTD we felt rushed and like they were trying to get us to leave. That is why I prefer the traditional dining times. We want to eat with our friends though... Wish Carnival offered a dining email address like RCCL.

We've done YTD on all but one cruise. For us it's great. We don't eat at the same time every night at home, so we like the flexibility of eating early or late depending on the day.

We usually find a good waitstaff early on and ask to sit in their section each night.

The only night that we have consistently had to wait for a table is the first formal night. Everyone wants their lobster! We have noticed that it gets busy around 7-7:30, but otherwise there is not much of a wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have done YTD on all the cruises we've taken and really liked it. We almost always were sat in the same area every night (7pm-7:30pm) and had the same team wait on us all but 1 time. We never felt rushed to eat our meal. The only night we have waited was formal night. It didn't matter though as we walked around and got our photos done, shopped the stores or just people watched. It was nice seeing everyone dressed up :)

• 3 weeks later...

We did YTD on an 8-day on the Breeze and waited one time for about five minutes. But, we ate probably around 8:00 or so? I was hesitant to switch from traditional, but glad we did. The flexibility was very nice to have and we will do YTD from now on.

I hope we get a decent waiter at YTD on the Breeze in a few months.

It seems like whenever I have YTD, they stick me with the same waiter regardless of whether I ask for him. On the Elation a few months ago, the waiter was pretty bad in that the food was cold and we received the wrong items. He was completely oblivious to what was going on around him.

By the 3rd night, I told the people at check-in that we don't want ****'s section. Ugh. That was awkward.

That's the whole point to me to have YTD is not be stuck with a bad waiter.

Not interested in carting dress slacks, jacket etc for formal night all the way from NZ to LAX and back, so I guess that means dining at the buffet or Lido on formal nights? What about the Steakhouse, is that still smart casual on formal nights?

FTTF does not move you to the front of the line for YTD dining.

Ah, so I see at carnival.com:

"Dining Reservations

Priority Dinner Time Assignment: FTTF guests will be cleared after VIFP Platinum guests. This benefit does not include specific time reservations for 'Your Time Dining'.

Note: VIFP Diamond guests and guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations are guaranteed their dining in the Main Dining Room."

So... does that just mean that if you have selected the early 6pm option that with FTTF you are seated before other folks on the same option?

Just off the Breeze and had YTD. It was great. The only night there was a line was the first formal night. The worst part was finding a seat in the atrium while waiting. We got a pager most nights but just enough time to get a drink talk and then we were paged. We went a 7. We needed a table for 10 to 14 so I would assume if you needed something smaller it would be even quicker.

Ah, so I see at carnival.com:

"Dining Reservations

Priority Dinner Time Assignment: FTTF guests will be cleared after VIFP Platinum guests. This benefit does not include specific time reservations for 'Your Time Dining'.

Note: VIFP Diamond guests and guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations are guaranteed their dining in the Main Dining Room."

So... does that just mean that if you have selected the early 6pm option that with FTTF you are seated before other folks on the same option?

No, it gives you priority on your preference of early/late/YTD not priority in being seated

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk