River Cruising

Chris86

Just about every navigable river with several hundred miles of interesting shores has already some form of traditional river cruise. (I'll define "traditional" river cruise as one that has overnight accommodations for at least two nights). You can choose from India (Ganges), Myanmar, Cambodia, Vietnam, Thailand, Peruvian Amazon, Brazilian Amazon, Canada (St Lawrence), Scotland (mostly in Lochs and canals), USA (Mississippi, Columbia, Snake), Russia, China, Egypt, all of western and eastern Europe, Botswana/Namibia (Chobe)....I'm out of steam, there are probably more.

Top of my list to try is Lord of the Glens in Scotland.

Amazon

There are already many Amazon River cruises. But some folks want to stick with a few of their favorite cruise lines rather then expand their spirit of Adventure and try something new.

Hank

We have been to the Amazon twice. Once was a river cruise r/t Iquitos, Peru with Grand Circle. It was to the upper Nile on a small ship with 24 passengers. The second was the Pacific Princess. It used to do a series of one way cruises between Fort Lauderdale and Manaus, Brazil. Manaus is the last deep water port on the Amazon.