World Cruise 2017

forgap

Does anyone know how many passengers are booked for the entire world cruise on the Navigator this year? We are taking the second segment (SD to Aukland) in two weeks and I was curious what it will be like to join the group. Has anyone done this?

Jason Montague posted on his FB page the other day:

"Today over 300 travelers are preparing to set sail aboard #SevenSeasNavigator for an incredible 128-night journey around the world. To launch this epic voyage, we held a Pre-Cruise Gala at the beautiful Biltmore Hotel in Miami followed by a special welcome aboard Seven Seas Navigator this morning. It was great spending time with all these amazing guests last night and today - I only wish I was able to go with them. Bon voyage to our globetrotters! I look forward to hearing all about your experiences over the next 4 months."

Does 300 sound like the kind of number you'd expect? (I have no idea!)

We have joined segments of the WC on several occasions and I think I've written here before of our experiences. To summarise, some had formed tight knit groups of friends, others were glad to have new faces on board and some fresh company. Many were tired of "eating out" every night, so restaurants and the theatre were quieter than we expected as a greater proportion enjoyed room service and relaxing time in their suites. We have encountered only one rather hostile reaction, from a single lady who resented the presence of "segmenters" on board and made no effort to conceal her feelings. We left her to chat to someone else and moved right along to some of the most interesting and engaging people we've met.

Edited by Gilly

Fair Winds and Following Seas for Georges and your exciting Navigator WC segment.

We have been on Regent WC segments before and Grand Voyage segments on Silversea--just as Gilly describes; groups form prior to your boarding. You will have no problem fitting in with both of your engaging personalities.

Edited by WesW

Thanks Gilly and Wes! We will be traveling with friends so we won't lack for company. In past cruises we have met such lovely people and we don't want the trip diminished by cliques. I imagine if we were doing the whole Monty, I'd be eager to meet the "fresh meat" on each segment!

Forgap have a wonderful cruise. I enjoyed your last blog/posts you kindly gave us on your last Voyager cruise, will you be planning to keep us updated again?

Have a great time, and as WesW very kindly said I am sure you two will be a great welcome onboard with your personalities. Safe travels Jean.

Sea Lover,

I found this on the Navigator Roll Call board.

http://www.weiler2017worldcruise.blogspot.com

He posts daily with pics and is a great read.

Barb

I was going to suggest this site from the roll call. It has increased my anticipation! I plan to post as we go along if the internet cooperates. The internet was very variable on the Voyager during our last cruise and with most people getting their own log-ins on this cruise, i suspect it may be at dial up speeds. Has anyone traveled on the Navigator recently? Inquiring minds want to know!