Suggestions on how to get to St Johns

O&P Cruiser

I am looking for suggestions for tour groups that help make it as easy as possible to get a group to St Johns from St Thomas. We are cruising in October so I have plenty of time to plan.

Basically, I have taken the "bus" system before to get to and from the ferry before, but now I am traveling with a couple of nervous travelers. So I am hoping to find the easiest way and if they are tour groups that get us back and forth that would be great.

I usually walk over to the little shopping area with the microbrewery and cute little eateries. Any other suggestions on what to do on St Johns?

Other than hiring your own vessel for a day sail, the Red Hook ferry is your best option... Getting others out of their "comfort zone" is part of the adventure. The beaches on St John are stunning. (Trunk Bay, Cinnamon Bay, Maho Bay, ect)

I am looking for suggestions for tour groups that help make it as easy as possible to get a group to St Johns from St Thomas. We are cruising in October so I have plenty of time to plan.

Basically, I have taken the "bus" system before to get to and from the ferry before, but now I am traveling with a couple of nervous travelers. So I am hoping to find the easiest way and if they are tour groups that get us back and forth that would be great.

I usually walk over to the little shopping area with the microbrewery and cute little eateries. Any other suggestions on what to do on St Johns?

The easiest way is to reserve transport in advance and start an email correspondence so you can see how responsive a driver is and you don't waste time looking for a driver when you get off the ship. It also creates a personal connection.

How many in your group?

Take taxi from pier to red hook ferry.

Take red hook ferry over to St Johns

Pick up a taxi in st johns to wherever you wish to go

Just leave plenty of time for ferry back and ride back to pier.

I'd hate for you to miss the ship.

Most ships offer a tour over to St Johns which might be best bet in case you are late

If your group is just 3 ppl (or more) just hop the taxi to Red Hook and the ferry to Cruz Bay - couldn't be easier. No need to reserve a tour guide or other transportation...

Total cost from the dock to Cruz Bay and back is $34 - $38pp depending on your port, and you can add a nice island tour on STJ for about another $25pp.

"KISS" - "Keep It Simple Stupid"! :)

Edited by blue_water

Check out this thread. Might want to start from the end and work back as it started in 2014.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2017377

We took the "St John On Your Own" tour from the cruise line. Cost about $10 more but was a bit more convenient for my wife. Probably take a taxi to Red Hook next time.