What is a good rate for PC to MCO < 1-day car rental?

pinkmagnolia

We would like to rent a car from Port Canaveral to MCO - Wondering what a good price is for this rental? It would only be a few hours.

The cheapest I've seen for a long time is $69 (incl taxes) for Alamo through Costco. What is a "good" price for this rental? Wondering when I should book it.

Edited by pinkmagnolia

We would like to rent a car from Port Canaveral to MCO - Wondering what a good price is for this rental? It would only be a few hours.

The cheapest I've seen for a long time is $69 (incl taxes) for Alamo through Costco. What is a "good" price for this rental? Wondering when I should book it.

Costco is usually a great rate...go ahead and book it...you can always cancel it if you find something better.

Flying in the day of your cruise? Not sure I would bother; if your flight is delayed do you have time to mess around with a car rental, gas, and another shuttle from the agency in PC/Cocoa Beach?

Car rental rates fluctuate just like air fares - keep shopping!

We have paid as little as $20+taxes (August, when no one wanted to visit FLA) and up to about $50+

Use your favorite travel web site to compare prices across many agencies -- www dot carrentals dot com is one I have had some luck with. Check often and if you find a better deal book it and cancel what you had previously.

Sometimes FLA specific are posted on some of the WDW boards - all ears, etc.

This is for a rental from Port Canaveral to MCO - our flight is at 2:20, so I think we have plenty of time to rent and make it to the airport (ship arrives at 8:00 AM). This would be the first time we've rented a car - We used a Car Service before. It looks like the Alamo/Enterprise office is not far from the Port? (we are sailing Carnival)

Edited by pinkmagnolia