Any idea why all rooms would all of a sudden be gone?

kimstoess

Thanks for your post. I asked them if it was due to upsells and they said it was for 'safety reasons'. I asked four times if all Haven rooms (other than the two deluxe owners suites, which are out of budget) had been taken and they wouldn't answer me, they were just very vague and repeated the 'safety reasons' line. I told them that I was a full fee paying passenger and would they consider selling to us rather than upgrading someone already booked.... 'no it's for safety reasons'?!

Security reasons? Ok. Why the heck would they say that? :eek: That's a good bit alarming. Huh. Hey, which booking is this for again?

Security reasons? Ok. Why the heck would they say that? :eek: That's a good bit alarming. Huh. Hey, which booking is this for again?

They did not say that!

They Said " Safety "

as in # of life boat seats.

You changed words to security.

Thanks for your post. I asked them if it was due to upsells and they said it was for 'safety reasons'. I asked four times if all Haven rooms (other than the two deluxe owners suites, which are out of budget) had been taken and they wouldn't answer me, they were just very vague and repeated the 'safety reasons' line. I told them that I was a full fee paying passenger and would they consider selling to us rather than upgrading someone already booked.... 'no it's for safety reasons'?!

They did not say that!

They Said " Safety "

Agree... safety reasons is going to be due to lifeboat capacity. They want to put as many people on the ship as they can, but they can't exceed lifeboat capacity. But if they are doing upsells, it's possible they they may be trying to rearrange people to make room. Say if you need a room for 4; but the haven section only has 2 lifeboat seats left and another section with 2 seats left; there are 4 overall but they need to combine people into different sections so all 4 people are in the same lifeboat area. (You muster depending on where your room is so they can't tell 2 people in room 11108 to go to muster station A and 2 people from that room to go to muster station C with deck 9)

I wonder if they also wasn't due to unassigned guarantee cabins. If, say, they had 100 insides left and but knew they sold 90 as guarantees... they may leave all 100 open because they would prefer to sell the cabins to someone paying a higher price to pick their room... but then the computer would have a shut down limit when it knows 10 more rooms have been booked so they retain the 90 cabins to assign to guarantees.

If you are not able to budge on dates/sailings think all you can do is keep checking in case there is a cancellation; or if they are able to move someone on an upsell to free up a room.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They did not say that!

They Said " Safety "

Wow you are totally right. Thank you for pointing that out. I guess somewhere in my head safety and security are the same thing. Thank you for the clarity. I totally didn't read their post that way. I saw it as a security issue. But what you posted makes so much more sense. Thank you. :)

So exactly a week (to the hour), after the rooms disappeared they re-appeared. :confused:

The 'safety reasons' must have been ironed out I guess and they have found some more lifeboats. Maybe they are going to tow them!:D

Anyway we booked last night and actually got it £200 cheaper than the original price.

We were VERY close to booking with another cruise line. If NCL are doing this for the upgrade bids, it's a strange game to play when you have customers willing to pay.

Lesson for us is... keep checking, the rooms may come back!