Salmon Fishing On June 1,2017

SBUXKING

Hello! I will be going on an Alaskan cruise this Summer departing May 28 on Ms. Oosterdam. I have a party of two that would like to book a salmon charter when we visit Sitka which is on June 1st. We found a company that we really like called A-Z Charters. They do 5 hour salmon Charters for $285 per person (excluding the processing and shipping fees if you catch one) However, they need a minimum of four people. If you have a party of two that would like to fill the boat with my party, please call A-Z Charters at 907-738-2732. Here is a link to their website: http://www.a-zsportfishingcharters.net/contact. Please let me know if you are interested. Thanks! I greatly appreciate it!

I tried Salmon fishing in Skagway around June 8th a couple of years ago. I was told it was early, and the fish hadn't started collecting near the rivers yet. So we tolled all around the bay, I caught a sea trout, but no salmon. it was a lot of fun anyway, and we got real close to a bald eagle as he dove in - for the sea trout I threw back!

One more thing, I had booked the boat for just the two of us - my daughter and I. The skipper was going to charge us extra because there were only two of us. But then another couple showed up at the boat and wanted to go, they were off another cruise ship. There were 5 cruise ships in Skagway that day, so there were lots of potential customers.

Sitka doesn't get as many cruise ships as Skagway, but you might want to check to see if there is another cruise ship in Sitka that day. You might find other potential fishermen on another ship.

When we sailed in Alaska - we were in Anchorage on July 1st - according to the locals the salmon were nowhere near running upstream at that point that year. :(

I was glad we had not booked a very expensive excursion to see the bears gathering the salmon fish as they swam upstream as it was too early for that to happen.

Did you ask the charter if Salmon are even a possibility that early in the season?

(I don't want your second CC posting to be bashing the tour company because "They should have told you that June was too early for Salmon fishing." AKA I don't want you to have an expensive bad experience.)