Newbie Cruiser Cabin Questions on Celebrity

Marvy Mare

Hi

I'm not sure if this is where I ask about this. We are sailing for the first time ever (actually going for the first time ever south of Key West for me). We are on the Celebrity Silhouette in March. I have signed up for the Roll Call. I have a question about rooms. We booked a C3 room as it was in a "good" location and the same price as a regular veranda room. Is there any advantage to a C3 room that we should know about or is it just location?

Maris

I'ts pretty much location however they do list some advantages which are mostly on paper. There is the welcome sparkling wine, footstools on the veranda, priority check-in (doesn't really mean much), daily canape (if you remember to fill out the card but not really worth it IMO), Different tote bag than regular veranda, oceanview or inside cabins get, Welcome aboard lunch in MDR. There may be a few other things they list on the website if you look at staterooms but I've never used them.

You booked a concierge class cabin. The cabins themselves ( on solstice class ships) are no different than standard balcony cabins, except for upgraded shower heads. The number refers to location on the ship.

You might want to spend time reading on the CC Celebrity forum. Also, the Celebrity Cruise Line website has information on the perks for Concierge class guests. Like the Embarcation day lunch in the MDR.

Just got back from the Silhouette in C2 room. We received canapes everyday and after awhile we asked if we could get cookies instead so some days we got cookies and some days we got canapes and cookies. A nice tote bag which I used every day. The bottle of sparkling wine. Nice pillows and bathrobes. The lunch in the Main Dining Room was wonderful. All in all they were nice perks but nothing fantastic. Loved our room which was right near the forward lobby elevators 1040 (10th floor) - I would request this room again.

Edited by caroleknc