Bringing items onboard

agracia1

Hi everyone.. Getting ready for 6th HAL cruise first time on NA.. HMC we usually rent clamshells but i wish they had screen to allow some airflow .Does anyone know if I can bring my own sun shade/tent? What about fishing poles?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Hi everyone.. Getting ready for 6th HAL cruise first time on NA.. HMC we usually rent clamshells but i wish they had screen to allow some airflow .Does anyone know if I can bring my own sun shade/tent? What about fishing poles?

You will need to check with HAL about fishing as rules and permits vary for each country.

What would you do with the fish if you caught one? It's the catching, I know, I know!

They do make travel fishing rods that break down into 4 sections and fit easily into a suitcase. I have done this, but never on a cruise.

If I caught fish on a cruise (and I have), I would just release them. On a land vacation there is usually a restaurant that will cook your fish for you - some of the best seafood dinners I have ever had.

I don't think fishing is allowed at HMC? they don't have many fish as it is.

But I am sure there are other locales and maybe even fishing poles ;)

I just can't help but smile,and I don't mean to make fun but the "must pack items" now include, tea lights (battery), door bells, table cloths and clips to name a few and now, fishing poles.

I don't know how we manage without packing any of these :D;). But we are not in driving distance either ;)

I don't think fishing is allowed at HMC? they don't have many fish as it is.

But I am sure there are other locales and maybe even fishing poles ;)

I just can't help but smile,and I don't mean to make fun but the "must pack items" now include, tea lights (battery), door bells, table cloths and clips to name a few and now, fishing poles.

I don't know how we manage without packing any of these :D;). But we are not in driving distance either ;)

.I must look into the other must pack items.. lol

They do make travel fishing rods that break down into 4 sections and fit easily into a suitcase. I have done this, but never on a cruise.

If I caught fish on a cruise (and I have), I would just release them. On a land vacation there is usually a restaurant that will cook your fish for you - some of the best seafood dinners I have ever had.

I figured that's what my husband would do ..Catch and release ..

Sometimes when you land in port, there will be folks looking for customers to take on a fishing boat. These boats supply you with all the fishing gear you need.

But this may not be the case in HMC, but probably will occur at other ports on your cruise.

If you do this, just make sure the skipper knows when you have to get back, and I recommend looking at the boat first to make sure it looks seaworthy. One time, I signed up for fishing in Mexico, and found that the boat was a tiny skiff, with no instruments. We got lost in the fog, and I discovered the skipper didn't even have a compass.

Edited by Tom O.