Allure of the Seas Jan 2 - Jan 8 Bar / Drink package review

These boards are flooded with great reviews of food and shows ( for the record Chops was the best meal in my entire life ) However I thought I would go in a slightly different direction and review the Bars , lounges , drinks and the merits of the drink package. Please feel free to ask any questions along the way and I will do my best to answer. I will talk about the best bars to visit for wine , beer , mixed drinks and frozen cocktails. I did make my rounds and visited all Bars and lounges some more then once lol. So lets get started.

Champagne Bar - located on deck 5 this quickly became our pre dinner drink destination. This is not the place to go if looking for a frozen cocktail as there is no blender. However they offer a very unique selection of Champagne mixed beverages such as a champagne mojito and a champagne margarita. This location also has the absolute best pour in terms of volume of wine in your glass and it is not even close.

Schooner Bar deck 6 - This became a regular hangout for us as Matt from Australia is an absolutely brilliant entertainer. He is the Piano player in this lounge and plays nightly between 9:30 and 1 and is a MUST SEE! Now if you do not like good music , singing , dancing and being entertained then go play Bingo. Schooner also offers great elevated views of all parades and parties taking place on deck 5 the Royal promenade. But get there early to secure a seat especially for 70's night . Now for drink selection it offers it all wine , beer , mixed drinks , shots and yes frozen cocktails. Stay tuned for more reviews and please feel free to ask any questions CHEERS !

There were a number of servers patrolling the pool area .The service I found though was slow. I did tip extra on my first few orders in the hopes of receiving prompt service but it did not seem to work.

So if the service was slow, was there much of a lineup at the bar if you went and got your own?

And could you comment on drink prices and how they are covered by the drink package?

I'm on Allure next week.

Thanks.

There were a number of servers patrolling the pool area .The service I found though was slow. I did tip extra on my first few orders in the hopes of receiving prompt service but it did not seem to work.

Sorry to hear that, I've read about the slow bar service more often lately.

The service at the main pool bars is also very slow during peak pool hours. There are a few exceptions and tricks. The Solarium bar , Mast bar , and wipeout bar on deck 16 are a better alternative. They are less busy then other bars on deck 15. I will review all of these shortly.

So if the service was slow, was there much of a lineup at the bar if you went and got your own?

And could you comment on drink prices and how they are covered by the drink package?

I'm on Allure next week.

Thanks.

Sorry as for drink prices simply put they are insane. The drink package is the only way to go. The package covers all cocktails up to $13 on Oasis class ships. This covers numerous drinks on board with the exception of most wine. Frozen cocktails range between $10 - $13 , Beer between $6 and $8 mixed drinks depending on brand between $8 and $13

Thank you for taking the time to report your experiences at the lounges/bars! I'm so glad you enjoyed Matt and am so glad to hear a positive report about the piano entertainment. That is what we love to do in the evenings! We are sailing the Allure in March. Was it difficult to find a seat? Do you suggest getting there before 9:30?

Sorry as for drink prices simply put they are insane. The drink package is the only way to go. The package covers all cocktails up to $13 on Oasis class ships. This covers numerous drinks on board with the exception of most wine. Frozen cocktails range between $10 - $13 , Beer between $6 and $8 mixed drinks depending on brand between $8 and $13

Help! With the exception of most wine? I bought the package and only really drink wine. How much approximately was it per glass!? :-(

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I read somewhere that the drinks package is not accepted st Starbucks. Is this true? If so is there another venue which serves lattes etc? Thanks

True on Allure and other Oasis class ships. Specialty coffees are also available at Cafe Promenade, Park Cafe, and restaurants.

Someone just mentioned in a previous post that they are not offering the 20% discount on-board for Diamond members, for booze package. Do you know if that is true??

We are not yet Diamond so I can not confirm. I pre purchased the package prior to the cruise for a 25 % discount. On board I did not see any signage promoting any discounts.

Thank you for taking the time to report your experiences at the lounges/bars! I'm so glad you enjoyed Matt and am so glad to hear a positive report about the piano entertainment. That is what we love to do in the evenings! We are sailing the Allure in March. Was it difficult to find a seat? Do you suggest getting there before 9:30?

Honestly Matt provided some of the greatest memories from this cruise he is an amazing performer. As for seats people come people go it all depends on the day and time. I do strongly recommend that on the evening of the 70's party and parade that you arrive to the Schooner bar no later then 8:30 to grab good seats. Cheers and enjoy !

Help! With the exception of most wine? I bought the package and only really drink wine. How much approximately was it per glass!? :-(

I to love my wine but I am going to be honest depending on your taste white / red you will be very disappointed the selection that is available covered under the drink package. in the MDR for example the wine list contains approx. 50-60 selections of wine but less then 10 fall under the $13 threshold of the package. 90 percent of the list is not covered under the package as most glasses are well above $13 . That being said my wife and I did find a number of wines we did enjoy that were covered. I would just like to have a bigger selection. Cheers !

Thanks for the reply. When I read the small print in the deluxe package, it says drinks up to 12$. Has it recently been changed to 13?

Yes on Oasis class ships the limit is $13 . Also thought I would mention that wine list differ from bar to bar and dinning facilities .

On Air Club - located in the heart of the Royal Promenade on deck 5. This is where to come to participate or watch Karaoke . This place gets busier and busier as the days progress and by day 4 is typically standing room only for Karaoke sessions. Service is hit and miss depending on the crowds but typically very slow in the evenings . Offerings include beer , mixed drinks , shots and frozen cocktails .Fun little hang out if looking for a few laughs and some good entertainment .

Bow and Stern - Deck 5 Royal Promenade . Pre cruise I really believed this is where I would spend a majority of my evenings as I love pubs. However it did not work out that way by the end of the cruise. I was some what disappointed in the very limited selection of offering available on tap. Actually limited is being kind I believe they only had 2 items on draught. The pub is cozy with a nice vibe. They offer nightly entertainment with a gentleman playing the guitar and singing songs. Although good we did not find him to be remotely close to be as entertaining as Matt in the Piano Bar. They offer a wide selection of bottle beer as well as mixed beer cocktails. Did not find this venue to be as busy as other bars and lounges on the ship.

I to love my wine but I am going to be honest depending on your taste white / red you will be very disappointed the selection that is available covered under the drink package. in the MDR for example the wine list contains approx. 50-60 selections of wine but less then 10 fall under the $13 threshold of the package. 90 percent of the list is not covered under the package as most glasses are well above $13 . That being said my wife and I did find a number of wines we did enjoy that were covered. I would just like to have a bigger selection. Cheers !

Phew!!! I just about had a heart attack since I am mostly a wine drinker. I'm not too picky with my wines so I'm sure I'll be able to find some I like that are under $13. I'm assuming they had some dry, red wines that were included?

Phew!!! I just about had a heart attack since I am mostly a wine drinker. I'm not too picky with my wines so I'm sure I'll be able to find some I like that are under $13. I'm assuming they had some dry, red wines that were included?

Yes you will have no problem finding a few reds that are included in the package in the main dining room and at other bars on the ship. Cheers !

Unless the price has gone up the Rombauer chardonnay and Duck Horn cab were covered, in November on Allure.

We never wanted for a drink and never went over the $13 cap. However, from recent post it appears prices have gone up a little.

I also bought a nice bottle of chardonnay at the champagne bar, to take to the cabin, and with my deluxe discount it was around $40.

Sabor Bar - Deck 6 Boardwalk right beside the Aqua theater. Here you will find the BEST MARGARITA'S on the ship. One thing I noticed on board was that margaritas were made different at various bars. But Sabor takes top honours for making the best. This is the perfect spot to grab a drink for any show taking plaza in the Aqua Theater. Great service depending on time and crowds. If tequila is not your cup of tea then there are many other frozen cocktail drinks to choose from.

Studio B - located on Deck 4 and home to the ice shows as well as The Quest adult scavenger hunt ( MUST SEE ) this really is not a bar but more of an entertainment venue. There is drink service available prior to and during various shows. Offering a limited beer selection along with frozen cocktails and mixed drinks.

Edited by KrazyKanuk72