AT&T wifi calling?

tomahawk246

Has anyone used wifi calling with Carnival Wifi? What level of wifi did it work or not work with?

I am interested in knowing as well.

I checked and it says my phone should do it but when looking through the settings I don't see the same things that AT&T says should be there. :(:confused:

Carnival's wifi FAQ specifically excludes wifi calling from the list of supported uses. YMMV.

I agree with your quote but I saw someone do it on my recent Dream cruise. They had the "Call with wifi" app on a Samsung 7 phone and the Carnival premium wifi plan.

The premium plan also supports Skype, if you have that service.

Wifi calling is not an app. You put your AT&T phone on airplane mode and set your phone to wifi calling and as long as you have a wifi connection your good to go. It works everywhere in the world. The only way it won't work is if Carnival goes out of there way to block it.

Wifi calling is not an app. You put your AT&T phone on airplane mode and set your phone to wifi calling and as long as you have a wifi connection your good to go. It works everywhere in the world. The only way it won't work is if Carnival goes out of there way to block it.

Perhaps "app" was a bad term to use. The person I spoke about and saw his use it, had this feature on his Samsung S7; I have ancient technology (an S3) where this feature was not built in but I downloaded it when I got back to port. Hence my use of the term "app".

I agree with your quote but I saw someone do it on my recent Dream cruise. They had the "Call with wifi" app on a Samsung 7 phone and the Carnival premium wifi plan.

The premium plan also supports Skype, if you have that service.

Hence the "YMMV"

Apparently, they at least want people to think that they have blocked it. From the website: "All plans exclude video streaming (such as Netflix or Hulu) and Snapchat. Cellular-network-dependent WiFi Calling and Facetime services are also not supported at this time." I suppose that it would depend on if your phone supports wifi calling without a cellular network.

With the $5 a day social plan I could make phone calls on Facebook message.

Other party I guest mush have Facebook message app on there phone and have it activated. The $5 a day or $25 a cruise plan is just great way to let people know you are ok, that they are ok, it does Snapchat and other social apps