gift cards for onboard expenses?

ginger123snaps

Will I have to wait in a long line to add the carnival gift cards to my account or is that done at port check in? I'm debating if its worth the hassle to use the gift cards for onboard expenses or if i should just save them for the next cruise :)

Also is there a way for me to get the classic package ahead of time with the gift cards. I haven't called carnival yet but it seems that you can only pay ahead of time with credit card. If i wait to purchase it on the boat then i have to pay the higher rate which defeats the purpose of getting 10% off my gift cards.

Will I have to wait in a long line to add the carnival gift cards to my account or is that done at port check in? I'm debating if its worth the hassle to use the gift cards for onboard expenses or if i should just save them for the next cruise :)

Also is there a way for me to get the classic package ahead of time with the gift cards. I haven't called carnival yet but it seems that you can only pay ahead of time with credit card. If i wait to purchase it on the boat then i have to pay the higher rate which defeats the purpose of getting 10% off my gift cards.

You can:

1. Apply your gift cards at the port (some ports will not do this)
  2. Apply your gift cards at guest services (you can wait until the line goes down as long as you have OBC or something to tide you over, or check-in online with a credit card)
  3. Or, apply the gift cards using the kiosk

If by the "classic package" you mean Cheers!, you cannot purchase this prior to the cruise with gift cards, you will have to do so once on board. If you search the forum, you will find that many people have had success using some method of email from Carnival to have the ship honor the pre-purchase price when using gift cards.