Another Sapphire Princess Review Oct 22/05 sailing

emmy

Thanks for the great review, Emmy. We're on the Nov. 26 sailing and can't wait. Would you mind telling us which wine you brought on board, and do you remember which others were on the Princess wine list?

...Sam

Hi Emmy...thank you for the very informative and honest revue of your cruise on the Sapphire. We are sailing on her the week of November 26...I am hoping our experience will be as good as yours...I know everything in life is not perfect and we all have to make our own happy fun time but your revue was most encouraging. We have sailed Princess many times (12 in fact)..we have not sailed RCI but have sailed on her sister company Celebrity which we really really like. Again thank you for the info...also as another cruiser asked, which wines did you bring on board with you???

Emmy---thank you for both the review and the great pictures! We arrived in LA today and leave on the Sapphire in just a couple more days!!!! You gave me some great ideas for pictures... I didn't see any with YOU hanging at the Giggling Marlin?!?!??! :p

Thanks for the great review, Emmy. We're on the Nov. 26 sailing and can't wait. Would you mind telling us which wine you brought on board, and do you remember which others were on the Princess wine list?

...Sam

I simply went to the Princess website and printed off the wine list there. They were both Robert Mondavi wines one a red and one a white. Not sure if our waiter was just being kind but and not charging... a few years back on Sun Princess we did the same thing and were not charged. I was waiting for the charge but it never happened.

I also took a couple of Australian wines but enjoyed them in the cabin.

Emmy

Emmy---thank you for both the review and the great pictures! We arrived in LA today and leave on the Sapphire in just a couple more days!!!! You gave me some great ideas for pictures... I didn't see any with YOU hanging at the Giggling Marlin?!?!??! :p

No hanging at Gigglin Marlin for me :) we arrived there shortly after 9am and were among the first ones having a drink...actually I think our friends opened up the place that morning..I was suprised that it was so close to Cabo Wabo just across the street.

Thank you for all the kind words about the review.... it does take time to do but I like to give back to all those who have added their thoughts on other cruises.... sometimes there is one or two things you pick up from a review but it helps to enhance the cruising experience.

Em

Emmy, thank you so much for sharing your trip with us. Really enjoyed your review and pictures. Will be on the ship on 11/26 and can't wait to experience some of your ventures. Thanks again for taking so much time to post such great info.:D

Emmy, What was the time of your tour. We are signed up for a meet time of 8:30 at the pier. Did the Sapphire arrive on time for you. I am wondering if I should change to a later tour. Thanks

Do you mean the tour to Los Arcos in Cabo? :)

Emmy

Emmy, I loved seeing your pictures and reading your review. We have only sailed on RCI, so I'm a little worried that Princess won't live up to our cruise on Radiance. After reading your review I am sure it will be fine!

We are sailing on Sapphire in April. We are also on the Caribe deck, in a PH suite. Is it correct that our balcony will look over another balcony (lower deck), and not be a direct look over the ocean? That doesn't seem so nice.:(

Thanks for taking the time to write your great review!

CR1 ~ it is true that if you look directly down from the railing of your balcony on Caribe deck you see the balconies below on Dolphin deck... really did not bother me and the view of the ocean is still great... I would book this balcony in a minute unless of course the aft ones are available...those directly looking at the wake of the ship. We did have a deck 10 aft cabin on our Jewel of the Seas cruise which is Radiance class.

Go and enjoy! and then you can come back and tell us all about it too :)

Emmy

It was so much fun reading your review of the cruise we also took. You are a great photographer. And, since we didn't take a single picture on the cruise, I'm pretending all of those are mine.

Debbie

Tina & Ken ~ there was no problem making the 8:30 am pick up time for Randi's Horses...We were also told that time. We were off the ship and pierside about 8:15 am and waiting for our friends and tour mates...we jumped into the tram that takes you to the market area and there we saw Tony (Randi's helper) holding a sign saying "Randi's horses" he brought us over to where Randi was and she had a list of everyone who would be there and we waited a little while later for another few people....so not a problem at all...went very well

Emmy

Emmy: Thank you so much for writing such a detailed review of the Sapphire Princess. I felt like I was on the ship with you when reading it. Your pictures are terrific & you look like you're having a great time. We will be on the Sapphire in April....so we are counting down the months. It will be our first cruise to the Mexican Riviera. If you have some time to answer these questions I would appreciate it:

-We are a little concerned about eating/drinking in Mexico because many years ago I did get very sick there. Should we be concerned about this now?

-We are trying to decide when to go to the Sterling Steakhouse...any suggestions as to which night to avoid the dining room?

-I'm too chicken to do the horseback riding excursion...do you have any other suggestions?

-Did you talk with anyone who went on any of the Princess excursions, if so, which ones did they highly recommend?

Again, thanks for the great review!

Emmy: Thank you so much for writing such a detailed review of the Sapphire Princess. I felt like I was on the ship with you when reading it. Your pictures are terrific & you look like you're having a great time. We will be on the Sapphire in April....so we are counting down the months. It will be our first cruise to the Mexican Riviera. If you have some time to answer these questions I would appreciate it:

-We are a little concerned about eating/drinking in Mexico because many years ago I did get very sick there. Should we be concerned about this now?

-We are trying to decide when to go to the Sterling Steakhouse...any suggestions as to which night to avoid the dining room?

-I'm too chicken to do the horseback riding excursion...do you have any other suggestions?

-Did you talk with anyone who went on any of the Princess excursions, if so, which ones did they highly recommend?

Again, thanks for the great review!

many Cruises ~ I noticed that you have sailed on many of the same ships that we have. :)

This was the first time we have eaten anything in Mexico as well and had lunch at Victors on Stone Island...shrimp, rice, some fries and veggies with no problems for either my husband or I or my friends that were with us.

We did not do any of the Specialty Dining areas this trip but both formal night meals were wonderful so don't miss those. I found the beef dishes in the dining rooms very good.

The other tour that I wanted to do was the tour by Mazatlan Frank.... check on the Ports of Call board mexican Riviera of Cruise Critic and lots of good info there and highly recommended by posters.... our cruising friends did this tour.

We only did one ship sponsored excursion and that was in Los Cabos and it was the early boat tour to see land's end and Los Arcos... we enjoyed it and it got us off the ship early enough to spend more time in Cabo... it is a large, comfortable boat that takes you out there.

maybe othersreading this might have some suggestions...

have a wonderful cruise :)

Emmy

Archived