Sports Trivia

cinamongirl

On our last cruise, my son found out half way through the cruise about sports trivia in the EA sports lounge. He is very excited to play again - but I haven't seen it in the fun times. Just wondering if anyone can comment if they still have sports trivia contests? We are going on the Magic in March. TIA:)

On our last cruise, my son found out half way through the cruise about sports trivia in the EA sports lounge. He is very excited to play again - but I haven't seen it in the fun times. Just wondering if anyone can comment if they still have sports trivia contests? We are going on the Magic in March. TIA:)

They've had it on all of my cruises.

It really depends on the Cruise Director/entertainment staff. I have found many similarities between cruises, however, for example, I have been on Carnival cruises that had 70's night, 80's night and Michael Jackson hour and have been other cruises which didn't have any of the three. I have participated in morning trivia which has consisted of everything from real historical trivia questions to guessing which obscure law is actually real. Those really bother me because there is really no way to know and everyone is just guessing. I don't consider that real trivia.

I would not count on it, and if they do have it...consider it a bonus.

Good luck!

Brad

Edited by Wheels87

Yes, they still have sports trivia but on the Magic all trivia this cruise was in the Ocean Plaza on deck 5. Tell your son to brush up on oddball sports questions, it is very little about statistics for indivual players but things like the diameter of a golf hole, what event is a blanket of roses an award (surprised how many missed this one). Different sports like lacrosse and other lesser knowns. Got d luck, no matter what it is fun and can be fun to learn some of these oddball facts.

Yes, they still have sports trivia but on the Magic all trivia this cruise was in the Ocean Plaza on deck 5. Tell your son to brush up on oddball sports questions, it is very little about statistics for indivual players but things like the diameter of a golf hole, what event is a blanket of roses an award (surprised how many missed this one). Different sports like lacrosse and other lesser knowns. Got d luck, no matter what it is fun and can be fun to learn some of these oddball facts.

And then try to beat the people who are Googling the questions on their cell phones! :mad:

And then try to beat the people who are Googling the questions on their cell phones! :mad:

yeah-- i think cell phones at trivia should be put away. I mean we are not playing for a lot of money here.

Expensive trivia victory. I once had my phone out before trivia checking the fun times and someone had a shot at me!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by AussieOmni

On my last cruise in December they did not have the big multi-day trivia contest they had previously when it was the EA Sports lounge. I missed it because it had such an awesome prize pack. My sister was disappointed because she wanted another shot at beating me.

They did have various sports trivia's throughout the cruise though. But just standard trivia prizes.

On my last cruise in December they did not have the big multi-day trivia contest they had previously when it was the EA Sports lounge. I missed it because it had such an awesome prize pack. My sister was disappointed because she wanted another shot at beating me.

They did have various sports trivia's throughout the cruise though. But just standard trivia prizes.

Oh that's too bad! Yes, that was the trivia contest he was talking about - he had missed the first two days our last cruise and wanted to be sure to make it to day one of the contest this cruise. He is convinced he could have been a contender.....

Every cruise I've been on had general trivia the first or second day (plus sometimes other days) and at least one sports trivia. Then the other trivia events are mixed, often music. Just read the fun times each night when it's delivered to your cabin and choose your must-do events before you go to sleep. Then you can plan the rest of your cruise day around your excursions and onboard must-dos.