Live from the PG b2b Jan 14 to Jan 28

Emdee

Now sitting at the Pier in HK airport ,after a bit of lounge hopping, en route to Auckland and then to Papeete.

Have a 7 hour layover in HK then a long 11 hr flight to Auckland . Another 9 hour layover in the airport Novotel in Auckland and then under 5 hour flight Auckland to Papeete. I guess when I reach the PG I will be in a state of mindless exhaustion.

Plan to just stay on board in a Huahine. But may take a walk ashore. In Bora Bora we will be doing the romantic marina experience and of course will be visiting the Motu as much as possible. In Moorea we have booked a visit to the Moorea IC. Haven't been to this IC for 10 years or so.

Haven't quite decided what to do in week 2.

Now ensconced in the Novotel at the airport in Auckland just needed to roll our bags there. After a few hours rest will check into ATN.

We were lucky to sleep 8 of the 11 hours on the flight here so somewhat rested.

PG here I come in a few hours.

Out of curiosity, why did you choose this route to Tahiti from Canada?

We had already booked the PG. then a family wedding came up on Jan 5 to 8 th in Mumbai. Post Mumbai we visited Sri Lanka for 5 nights and here we are. Seemed the best route from Mumbai. Also Cathay Pacific business is very comfy.

What a lovely welcoming feeling it is to be back on the PG. Many hugs and hellos from one and all.

Joey is back on the PG as is Ryan from Tere Moana. Vishal from the Moana was also here but is home on holidays.

Some new faces as well. Cesar no longer with the PG. will miss him and Ivan dearly.

More later

Beautiful day with a bit of rain in the morning but we just lazed.

Noticed the following

No made to order breakfast station in la Veranda though they still made eggs etc to order but did it inside. Had the carving and pasta station outside at lunch.

Sparkling was B&G not the previous Cremants ...had a strange aftertaste IMO.

No Cognacs but still have the Single malts and grey goose included.

Dinner at La Veranda was excellent. I had the green Asparagus with mascarpone quenelle followed by the Shrimp and the Creme Brulee. All three very nicely done and presentation also excellent.

The entire batch of gauginnes are new since 2014.

Tomorrow Motu Monday.

Internet works sporadically. Even in the room I have to move to get three bars.

Today our day at Motu Mahana was great. A little sultry but no real rain.

As usual, as we tend to take for granted on the PG, the day was run really well. Enjoyed my two coconuts and a lovely barbecue (chicken, ribs, hot dogs, hamburgers, brats with all the fixings)

There were three vow renewals today.

The Motu appears to have lost a lot of sand since 2014 but I guess the ocean giveth and the ocean taketh away!

Had a couple of great drinks today a ginger cosmo while the ship exited Tahaa and later on a pearcompote, Port, mint drink which was just superb.

For newbies who are looking for something new besides the usual coladas and martinis just bring your favourite recipe along and the bar staff will do all they can to make it.

The new Maitre Francis is doing a tremendous job and the restaurants are running like clockwork. I had Ryan Evangelista today and he is really excellent. The food was also better than before in terms of taste and presentation. I asked to have a chat with the chef to ascertain his vision and interest.

Santa Rosa will be on board for the reunion as will Jacques and Capt. Toni. The cruise director will be Claudine who is new.

Sorry to hear beautiful Amandine is not on the PG. however our guest relations manager is the gorgeous Christelle Raoul.

Tomorrow it will be the BB Motu for me!

Loving your updates--thanks! Will be joining you for the second half of your trip... Quick question: is the weather bad enough that we should consider canceling our pre-cruise OWB in Moorea (we're at the IC) this Friday night and trying to book it for our overnight during the cruise? Looking forward to meeting you! C.C.

Loving your updates--thanks! Will be joining you for the second half of your trip... Quick question: is the weather bad enough that we should consider canceling our pre-cruise OWB in Moorea (we're at the IC) this Friday night and trying to book it for our overnight during the cruise? Looking forward to meeting you! C.C.

All bets are off on the weather. One day perfect one day lousy. Morning lousy afternoon perfect.

There is a reason it's off season.

IMO it rains more in Mooreabecause of the plant life....but who knows.

Sorry couldn't help. See you on board.

Could you tell us what is in a ginger cosmos? Thanks.

The usual Cosmo recipe though mine includes grapefruit juice and grated fresh ginger muddled. However on Crystal last year they used crystallized ginger instead and I loved the extra level of sweetness and a more mellow ginger rather than a harsh fresh ginger taste. I asked Efren to make it for me. Was perfection.

Rained out in Bora Bora .

Did visit the Motu for an hour but while the water was real warm the rain wasn't.

Love the new Chefs food. Canapés and snacks much improved, plating very pretty and menus good as well. Am hoping to talk to the Chef.

Very nice Asian buffet today with sushi, chicken teriyaki, sweet and sour pork, spring rolls etc etc.

Enjoy your cruise Emdee and keep on Informing us .... can't wait to see pictures when you get back home with full internet :-)

If you could get copies of dinning room menus it would be greatly appreciated . Can't wait to see those new creation from new chef .

Enjoy to the fullest .

Josee

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Will Santa Rosa, our much loved band be on ship for a while? I guess they won't be on the ship in June when we board. Do they still have the same members? I also miss Tria Bascon (sp) as well. A great singer with seemingly unlimited beautiful outfits.

Santa Rosa has the same members. Everyone is really enjoying them this cruise ...lots of dancers. Most of the staff are gone during drydock and back in May ....I will ask them.

Today, no tender to the Motu so another lazy day. I guess we could go into Vaitape but it's lovely looking out on a clear and windy BB reading and posting. DH needs downtime after an early morning work call.

Will Santa Rosa, our much loved band be on ship for a while? I guess they won't be on the ship in June when we board. Do they still have the same members? I also miss Tria Bascon (sp) as well. A great singer with seemingly unlimited beautiful outfits.

I asked and yes they will be on your cruise.