Live from the PG b2b Jan 14 to Jan 28

Emdee

You are very welcome. It's such a joy to share our love for this wonderful ship with people like you both. Hope you enjoy your next PG experience.

On our last night we were talking to a family next to us at dinner who said we must be VIPs having done 12 cruises. They were in shock when Ricardo Head Bartender said No but he then added that we were not VIPs but Family! Motu Islander then said to me that we must be related as we are both Part of the PG family so I replied that we are indeed connected thru the mother ship. So with you also we are connected by the mothership!

We are honorary crew members ......... are we related? :D

Just returned from the 21st-28th sailing. It started off a bit rough- heavy turbulence to Papeete, rain all day at the Intercontinental and than barely getting out of port on Saturday night... the ship started rocking and rolling like nothing I've ever experienced at 1:30am when the late flight finally arrived. Heard we were lucky to get out of the port that night. Seems the airport flooded and closed for the weekend causing many travel problems throughout the island.

We arrived in Huahine the next morning, thankful to stop sailing, and thankful for sunshine which stayed with us the rest of the week!

Unfortunately, the seas weren't as forgiving and it was terrible that night- missed Captains night and Dinner- many were sea sick.

After our amazing day in Taha'a, things were on the up and up.

We had an amazing week, visited some amazing resorts, and experienced some great excursions.

Ship is surely older and small, we are glad we choose the Balcony cabin to have the outside space. Found the rooms to be really small and what's with the tub shower? Honestly, just not the easiest to use in crazy seas!

The staff is what makes this ship so special. Sure there could be some upgrades to the ship, but we were overall very pleased with the food and the service is just amazing.

Thanks for all the great information on this site. We had a wonderful trip.

Had the old Air Tahiti Plane on the way out, newer one on the way back so we saw the difference in the two. A shame their planes are so old, and their entire process is just backwards. We would probably try to use Air France if we ever went back.

Just returned from the 21st-28th sailing. It started off a bit rough- heavy turbulence to Papeete, rain all day at the Intercontinental and than barely getting out of port on Saturday night... the ship started rocking and rolling like nothing I've ever experienced at 1:30am when the late flight finally arrived. Heard we were lucky to get out of the port that night. Seems the airport flooded and closed for the weekend causing many travel problems throughout the island.

We arrived in Huahine the next morning, thankful to stop sailing, and thankful for sunshine which stayed with us the rest of the week!

Unfortunately, the seas weren't as forgiving and it was terrible that night- missed Captains night and Dinner- many were sea sick.

We had an amazing week, visited some amazing resorts, and experienced some great excursions.

Ship is surely older and small, we are glad we choose the Balcony cabin to have the outside space. Found the rooms to be really small and what's with the tub shower? Honestly, just not the easiest to use in crazy seas!

The staff is what makes this ship so special. Sure there could be some upgrades to the ship, but we were overall very pleased with the food and the service is just amazing.

Had the old Air Tahiti Plane on the way out, newer one on the way back so we saw the difference in the two. A shame their planes are so old, and their entire process is just backwards. We would probably try to use Air France if we ever went back.

ATN will have brand new Boeing 787's. 2 in October 2018, 1 May 2019 and 1 July 2019. All Airbus 340's will be fazed out.

Edited by Tahitianbigkahuna

Thank you for your review.

Glad the weather got better.:)

• 2 weeks later...
We are looking at PG for next December and would love to also receive a copy of the menus if possible.

rlk33853@hotmail.com

Thanks very much in advance.

Ray and Ann

I have to ask. Why do people want menus in advance? Isn't it fun to be surprised and experience the restaurant more spontaneously? Just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We already know 50% of what is on the menu anyway.

Must say I was very disappointed that the chef has changed the original recipe of the Tahaa vanilla sauce served with the lobster. There are now very strong citrus notes and I think it takes away from the velvety feel on your tongue. Yearn for the old sauce! The old sauce was a huge favourite of mine.

Other than that love all the new additions on the menu and the improved quality of some products.