Seating for Stage Shows VISTA

csj092809

I am reading a lot about the lines and obstructed views on the Vista for the stage shows. I am wondering if it is "acceptable" to have a few people from our group of 6 wait in line and then have the rest come when we get in and find a table or seats? Only asking because I have a couple of elderly cruisers who may not be able to stand in line for extended periods of time. No big deal, as I do not normally go to them, BUT 3 of my group are first time cruisers and have expressed interest in seeing them. Thank you in advance!

I am reading a lot about the lines and obstructed views on the Vista for the stage shows. I am wondering if it is "acceptable" to have a few people from our group of 6 wait in line and then have the rest come when we get in and find a table or seats? Only asking because I have a couple of elderly cruisers who may not be able to stand in line for extended periods of time. No big deal, as I do not normally go to them, BUT 3 of my group are first time cruisers and have expressed interest in seeing them. Thank you in advance!

I have only been on three Carnival ships, but it seems the shows and comedy clubs always have a few empty seats come curtain time. Of course, if you want the best seats you have to wait in line.

Unfortunately no, they were very good about enforcing the no holding seats, the would let one be held for a spouse in a restroom.

The seating is not that bad, with the exception of Flick there was always open seats at the shows.

I am glad they are somewhat good about enforcing holding seats -- they weren't so on ours. It became very difficult to find seats downstairs so we always went up - always able to find seat there

Edited by nednrom

Just got off the Vista and went to the three main shows. Found that seating was best in the upper level (unless you want to be in the first few rows on lower level), at the ends of the aisles. There are large, wide metal poles (?) that obstruct the view of many seats. We always had 8 people going to the shows and had 4 of us hold seats on the very end of 4 rows. Never had a problem. Beware: they have a really wierd introduction to the Flic show. So wierd that several people walked out before the actual show began.

For the LIFE of me, I cannot figure out WHY Carnival did this with their main theater? What was wrong with the "old" style theater? If you are going to set it up like this, then you may as well do the comedy shows in there too!:mad:

I have ZERO desire to go on this ship.

When booking our cruise for this summer DD and DH were SHOCKED that I chose Magic over Vista..... DD is still bugging me, but I am not bending. lol

With all of the bad reviews, and there are ALOT of them, and I normally don't pay attention to them, it's that, it's the atrium, it's the crowds......

Just ZERO desire. Glad the Breeze is coming back to PC. She's our favorite.

For the LIFE of me, I cannot figure out WHY Carnival did this with their main theater? What was wrong with the "old" style theater? If you are going to set it up like this, then you may as well do the comedy shows in there too!:mad:

I have ZERO desire to go on this ship.

When booking our cruise for this summer DD and DH were SHOCKED that I chose Magic over Vista..... DD is still bugging me, but I am not bending. lol

With all of the bad reviews, and there are ALOT of them, and I normally don't pay attention to them, it's that, it's the atrium, it's the crowds......

Just ZERO desire. Glad the Breeze is coming back to PC. She's our favorite.

The reason Carnival did this with their theater is so it can be transformed into the night club at night.

We hated the seating in the Liquid Lounge on Vista. The individual chairs were not comfortable. Some had armrests and some did not. Some had high backs and some had low backs. The worst part #1 was that the chairs moved. People would move entire rows of chairs back against the chairs behind them, making them unusable. I also had issues a couple of times when a person in front of me pushed his/her chair back, hitting my knees. Not what I needed four months after knee replacement surgery.

Worst part #2 - no little tables. We had to either hold our drinks the entire time or put them on the tile floor. We constantly we heard glasses break as they tipped over.

The seating on the sides and back of the theater was stationary. And there were little "tables." But they were more like trays and were no bigger than a glass. They were attached in such a way that I couldn't put my elbow under it and it was too high to rest my arm on it.

There were other things I didn't like about Vista.

We had a fabulous cruise on the Transatlantic. But Vista would have to have a extraordinary excursion for us to ever book her again.

The reason Carnival did this with their theater is so it can be transformed into the night club at night.

We hated the seating in the Liquid Lounge on Vista. The individual chairs were not comfortable. Some had armrests and some did not. Some had high backs and some had low backs. The worst part #1 was that the chairs moved. People would move entire rows of chairs back against the chairs behind them, making them unusable. I also had issues a couple of times when a person in front of me pushed his/her chair back, hitting my knees. Not what I needed four months after knee replacement surgery.

Worst part #2 - no little tables. We had to either hold our drinks the entire time or put them on the tile floor. We constantly we heard glasses break as they tipped over.

The seating on the sides and back of the theater was stationary. And there were little "tables." But they were more like trays and were no bigger than a glass. They were attached in such a way that I couldn't put my elbow under it and it was too high to rest my arm on it.

There were other things I didn't like about Vista.

We had a fabulous cruise on the Transatlantic. But Vista would have to have a extraordinary excursion for us to ever book her again.

Your review seems to be in the MAJORITY! Never saw such bad reviews for a brand new ship! We cruised on Breeze in her Inaugural year and she is our favorite to date. Trying Magic in June......Can't wait.

Thanks for the feedback!