Divina Yacht Club and Eataly

Sunshine2U

I saw a post saying something to the effect of wishing they had pre-ordered Eataly instead of the regular YC restaurant. Would someone explain that, why do it, and how it works? Also, when sailing in the YC are there any special pre-cruise services and how do you access them? Thanks!

Not entirely sure what you mean. We very much enjoyed Le Muse on Divina (YC Exclusive restaurant). We also had from our Black Status (obtained through status match) a 'free' night at Eataly (or other paid restaurants) - excluding drinks. We very much enjoyed the steaks there but did not bother using our second coupon. No real idea what pre-ordered means.

I don't recall any pre-cruise services from YC - need to pay for WIFI on-line in advance same as everybody else. Biggest pre-cruise benefit I suppose is checking in at the tent and being accompanied on board by a butler.

Read my review on our YC cruise in December last and you will see we loved it and now are booked for Meraviglia in Europe in YC.

Yeah....not sure I know what "pre-ordered" EATALY means, either. I do know the dinner was very good.

I had a free dinner with them because of the Black Status Match. They gave me the run of the full menu, and when I was there, it was not crowded at all....easy to get a seat. IIRC, I got there about 6-7ish.

The MUSE restaurant is fantastic. I had dinner there probably 4 nights. Had breakfast there every monrning and lunch probably twice. It was excellent every time.

Perhaps OP means pre-ordering the specialty restaurant package? Or does Le Muse allow you to pre-order a meal from the specialty and have it brought to Le Muse?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure what this pre ordering is but we ate all our dinner meals in Le Muse. We did a back to back and asked for whatever we wanted ie; oso buco, lobster, wine. Didn't always get it when we wanted it but we did get it and the Maitre D did his best to accomadate us when the waiters would tell him we wanted something special. We did not eat in a speciality restaurant as there was no need since we had Le Muse. Enjoy your cruise...and be sure to ask for what you want..

Not sure what this pre ordering is but we ate all our dinner meals in Le Muse. We did a back to back and asked for whatever we wanted ie; oso buco, lobster, wine. Didn't always get it when we wanted it but we did get it and the Maitre D did his best to accomadate us when the waiters would tell him we wanted something special. We did not eat in a specialty restaurant as there was no need since we had Le Muse. Enjoy your cruise...and be sure to ask for what you want..

Interesting. Thank you.

We're doing a BTB soon and wondered if we should venture to a couple of the specialty restaurants. From your post, when you say you 'got what you wanted, do you mean "off menu?" Is there a paper menu at Le Muse daily, with specials, and in addition to that, you 'can make a special request?

Trying MSC (Divina) for the first time (YC) and sort of planning on not much planning and taking it one step at a time when we board. On Norwegian, when in Haven, we really could have what ever we wanted, but also the Concierge would set us up at some specialty restaurants for the experience (and he "showed up" at each meal to make sure we were being treated well).

The MSC YC was also almost half the cost of the NCL Haven; hence the BTB for our spring cruise budget.:)

And, we've been 'royaled out over the past few years (although we love the Quantum class ships, just a little tired of the NJ/NY travel, potential for 'lost days up and down the East Coast (in certain seasons) and the preference not to have to travel to Asia to try the newest one :eek:).

Again, thanks if you've got more information.

Yes there is a paper menu for each day. They also have standards each day ie; shrimp cocktail, steak, french onion soup, and others. Tell the waiters/maiterd a day or two in advance what you want and they will do the best they can to get it for you. Not sure what the lobster situation is now on the Divina but my wife asked for it everyday and got it a few times as they were limited. Once again tell them in advance what you want and see if they can do it.

Also if you are a wine drinker try the Sicilian Cab, I think it is better than what's on the pay wine list. After trying it I had it every night even though it is one of the rotating wines, not supposed to be available every night.

Edited by CarolnLarry

The YC restaurants are the best on all four Fantasia class ships.

Thanks, that's good to hear that opinion from a seasoned MSC cruiser.

Why would you want to pay extra to eat in a lesser quality speciality restaurant like Eataly.

Well, I don't know who's post you are responding to; however, it appears that new MSC Davina YC upcoming cruisers are "asking questions." Having not cruised MSC at all, simply do not have the benefit or experience to state that Eataly is a lesser quality option. Other replies did provide some insight into the YC Le Muse menu (and off menu) experiences which were helpful. Eataly also is heavily posted about throughout the CC message board, so it was (and is) something of interest.

Maybe once but not the whole cruise!

I don't recall that being asserted.