Constelllation - What was your best stateroom?

Lovincruisin1321

My opinion is an aft CC or if you can get one, FV on any of the M class ships! Now, OTOH, if you are fortunate to afford more, then pass the SS's & get a Royal suite or the Celebrity suite! But, I'd always get the aft for me!!! :D

Going on a Baltic cruise. Researching what people's experiences have been. What was your best cabin?

We've cruised in three different types of cabins on the M-Class ships...insides, sky suites and a 2C...

Personally, I don't care that much which cabin I'm in so long as I'm on the ship...since I don't spend much time in my cabin except to change clothes and sleep...

And, sure, I think a Penthouse Suite would be the "best", but I can only comment on what I've been in...

The insides are actually very nice and very roomy--same 170 sq. ft. as the outsides and most of the balcony...

The Sky Suites we had--#6122 and 6124--were excellent...It's really nice having all that room and the extra amenities...and the service is unquestionably beyond anything else...We constantly had the Butler, the Cabin Steward and the Assistant Cabin Steward hanging around our door tripping over each other to do things for us--I don't know if I ever unlocked and opened my own door...You do get to feel a bit special...

The 2C we sailed in on the Connie is an interesting case...We were in #6035--one of the "secret" cabins on the M-Class...It doesn't show up on the deck plans, but, the first eight balcony cabins on either side at the front of Deck Six (and Deck Six only) have balconies which are easily TWICE the size of most of the other balconies on the ship, even the CCs...These are full rectangular balconies at least twice the depth, not angles or wedge-shaped...For a wink and a small tip, you can get your cabin steward to hijack a couple of lounges down from the pool deck for you...

The great thing about these 16 cabins is that they sell for the price of a 2C--lower than a 2A or 2B, none of which has the double balcony...Making these some of the best bargains on the ship...

If you search this site, there have been many threads discussing the secret balconies many of which include photos...

We're booked on the Constellation 11/19 - our first Celebrity experience. We booked a guarantee Deluxe Ocean View w balcony and were recently assigned cabin 6107, which is a Cat 2C. Based on Bruin Steve's post, it would seem that the Deck plans may not be to scale.

If they are, then it appears that this cabin has a huge balcony and interior compared to other 2C cabins. :)

Does anyone have any knowledge to confirm or deny?

Steve - did you have to be particularly convincing to get the lounges from the pool area for your balcony?

Thanks for the help... both here and in other threads.

We're booked on the Constellation 11/19 - our first Celebrity experience. We booked a guarantee Deluxe Ocean View w balcony and were recently assigned cabin 6107, which is a Cat 2C. Based on Bruin Steve's post, it would seem that the Deck plans may not be to scale.

If they are, then it appears that this cabin has a huge balcony and interior compared to other 2C cabins. :)

Steve - did you have to be particularly convincing to get the lounges from the pool area for your balcony?

#6107 is one of the "Handicapped" staterooms. I believe the cabin itself is wider and the doorways are wider and bathrooms larger and equipped for wheelchairs. The balcony is only larger in that it will be the same width as the cabin, but it is no deeper than the typical cabin--about five feet from sliding glass door to railing...It will not accomodate lounges like the deep balconies at the front of the ship...

They usually hold these handicapped cabins until near the cruise date in case a handicapped individual signs on, so, I guess they didn't need it on your cruise and that is why it was only "recently" assigned to you...

Aside from being oversized, It's also a great location as it's right next to the misdship elevators...and no, it's not noisy, we were right next to the midship elevators on the Millie and never noticed they were there from inside our cabin...

Here's the list of M-Class Category 2 non-handicapped cabins with the "extra" dimensions:

2A-8161,8146,9173,9138

2B-7049,7080,7163,7166,7171,7173,7175,7177,7174,7176, 7178,7180

2C- 6016,6018,6020,6021,6022,6023,6024,6025,6026,6027, 6029,6030,6031,6033,6035,6053,6048

The best we've had was the corner FV aft. The space inside and out was fantastic.

Marilyn

Did you use the "secret hallway" to store stuff, or did everything fit under the bed? We found that both extra suitcases and a baby stroller fit perfectly well in the hall without blocking access significantly. When we had the corner, we were 4 + toddler.

We were in cabin 8047.CC class stateroom.Sofa bed,table /chair that i never used,plenty off room to store luggage,clothes etc.Veranda had two chairs and a table with a small table along side.The CC class has nice perks but its not worth the extra $$ that they charge.We were upgraded at the last minute at no extra $$.The room is located mid way between to middle/front of the ship on the starboard side.A lower floor on deck #6 or #7 with a veranda would have suited us as well.We noticed the the 9th floor veranda's were directly under the upper deck that jetted outward about 10feet from above.I'm not sure if it abstructed any views.Maybe someone else could offer some feedback.John

We were in cabin 8047.CC class stateroom.Sofa bed,table /chair that i never used,plenty off room to store luggage,clothes etc.Veranda had two chairs and a table with a small table along side.The CC class has nice perks but its not worth the extra $$ that they charge.We were upgraded at the last minute at no extra $$.The room is located mid way between to middle/front of the ship on the starboard side.A lower floor on deck #6 or #7 with a veranda would have suited us as well.We noticed the the 9th floor veranda's were directly under the upper deck that jetted outward about 10feet from above.I'm not sure if it abstructed any views.Maybe someone else could offer some feedback.John

In those cabins with the bigger balconies, cat 2c on the Connie, do those rooms have a sofa or just a chair?
I'm reasonably sure that all of the Cat2 cabins have sofa beds. If there are exceptions, I'd be surprised, as without this such a cabin would have a 2 person capacity, and I've never heard of that being the case in any Cat2 cabin.

Glad to hear the 2c's have sofas, most web sites I go to say, "some with sofa beds", so I wasn't sure if most of the cabins just had the 2 chairs and no sofa? Thanks again.
If you look carefully at the deck plan for the 2C's, you'll see little squares in each of them, indicating that they not only have a sofa, they're actually the fold-out bed variety. Actually, 6107 (a HC cabin) may be the lone exception down on Deck 6.

Rockmetosleep - we were in 6107 on Constellation last year for a Canada/NE cruise. Here's a link to some pictures of it: http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8AYt2jRs4btGKf&notag=1. Like you, we were assigned to it at the last minute so it must not have been needed for a wheelchair user. It is larger, the size of a sky suite, and the bathroom is larger. However, it's larger in order to allow extra maneuverability for a scooter or wheelchair, so there's no sofa, just an upholstered chair. Also, the bathroom, while large, has a roll-in shower stall with no "lip," which can allow water to get all over the floor if there's any motion. Bruin Steve is correct that the balcony is no deeper than other balconies, only wider to match the cabin. A couple of other tips: you're right above one of the "speedboats" (you'll know what I mean when you see it) so any pictures you take off the balcony will include the bright orange top, and people in the glass elevator can see in to most of your balcony. That said, it is a very convenient location right by the elevators, and one flight down the stairs to Cova Cafe!

Archived