Rodeway questions

spearmint

Fort Lauderdale. We are at Rodeway Inn, State Rte. 84. both prior to and after our cruise. I have a few questions re: shuttle/taxi if anyone is familiar with the operation of the hotel.

1. When we arrive at the airport, do we call the shuttle from the hotels' kiosk near the luggage carousels, or is there a regular run (every hour or so)? Perhaps we need a public phone for calling if there is no hotel direct line at the kiosk?

2. Is the shuttle 24 hours? We have a 6 a.m. return flight, so will have to be at the airport near 4 a.m. I presume. If we need a taxi, are they easy to get at that hour?

3. The shuttle will pick us up at Port Everglades upon our return, but I presume that the hotel needs to be called. Are there any public phones in the terminal? (I don't recall seeing any, but then, I have only been in the Princess terminal twice and was not looking for one.)

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Bill

Edited by spearmint

I would be calling the hotel and getting the answer direct from the horse's mouth, or maybe emailing them.

Yes I should do that again. Having called, I spoke to someone with a rather heavy accent and I had difficulty making what I wanted to know clearly understood.

Perhaps I should retry in hopes of getting someone different....

Edited by spearmint

Straight from the hotel web site:

https://www.choicehotels.com/florida/fort-lauderdale/rodeway-inn-hotels/fl775

Please call the hotel upon luggage retrieval at FLL Airport or Port Everglades Cruise Port for complementary shuttle pick-up - Scheduled shuttle hours from 5am to midnight. Please call the hotel to advise of any arrivals after 6pm. Rates do not include 5.00 USD Hotel Services Fee and 1.00 USD Airport Surcharge Fee per night. Shuttles to and from Port of Miami & MIA Airport available at a fee. Restaurant-Sports Bar, Gift Shop, Tours and Car Rental on site. Long-term parking available at a fee. Luggage & package storage available at a fee.

Yes I should do that again. Having called, I spoke to someone with a rather heavy accent and I had difficulty making what I wanted to know clearly understood.

Perhaps I should retry in hopes of getting someone different....

Welcome to South Florida.

• 1 month later...

OK, we have the Rodeway for a one night stay before our cruise.

Is this area safe to walk in? In the daylight??

We don't get in till late the night before. But would like to get up and walk and get some drinks and snacks. We are normally walkers, so a 1-2 mile walk is no problem. As long as its safe??

Want to go East, so it looks like it would go under/over 95. Do able??

OK, we have the Rodeway for a one night stay before our cruise.

Is this area safe to walk in? In the daylight??

We don't get in till late the night before. But would like to get up and walk and get some drinks and snacks. We are normally walkers, so a 1-2 mile walk is no problem. As long as its safe??

Want to go East, so it looks like it would go under/over 95. Do able??

Well...If you are able to avoid being run over by a tractor-trailer or one of the many really, really bad drivers we have in South Florida, you could be OK. It is not a pedestrian friendly area by any stretch of the imagination, so being assaulted by thugs would be the least of my concerns or worries. It's right at a mile to a 7-11 and about a 1/2 mile farther to a Winn-Dixie.