Cheers "break even" point

sapete

On average, these drinks are close to $10.00 each so 6 drinks a day would be the break even point. I you know you plan to drink that a day, Cheers would be a good value especially considering it includes most alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks. Cheers also gives you the peace of mind of being able to drink without keeping up with your tab.

If you are going to drink then I would assume that you will most likely drink more than one a day??? In my opinion..Cheers is worth it and I do not concern myself with breaking even!!! Not having to keep a mental bar tab is worth it's weight in gold!!!!

Trying to convince DH to get the CHEERS for us because I KNOW we will break even. We easily drink 6 each per day. EASILY.:o:o

He thinks because we have 4 ports on an 8 night cruise, we night not break even.

The cost of Cheers for our sailing, for the 2 of us, would be $900 +/-.

We'll hit it.

We usually have 900-1000 bar tab........

We'll see what he decides..

Trying to convince DH to get the CHEERS for us because I KNOW we will break even. We easily drink 6 each per day. EASILY.:o:o

He thinks because we have 4 ports on an 8 night cruise, we night not break even.

We'll hit it.

I would tell him if you normally spend $900-$1000 anyways, then what's the harm in buying cheers.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Wife and I did Alaska with Princess and it cost us more to get off the boat than on it! For us Cheers is a bargain not having that concern. A few cute umbrella drinks during the day and a few beers around the pool, and then dinner and a band and you broke even before 6 pm. For us anyway!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Even in port days it is pretty easy to break even. Have 1-2 mimosas, Bloody Mary or spiked coffee before you get off the ship. A drink when you get back on while you clean up & get ready for dinner, 2-3 glasses of wine at dinner (we walk in w/our first) and a night cap.

Also, with enhanced cheers your bottled water, juice, monster drinks, specialty coffee is included.

On our last Caribbean cruise we would meet up at the atrium bar before getting off the ship & get an iced coffee with Rumchatta to go, and a bottle of water each to take off with us.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you are with Carnival we make sure we get our moneys worth. We ask them not to take the caps off and if they do we just recap. We take them back to our rooms for later. We also have taken them off the ship in a collapsible cooler so we don't have to buy when at a beach if you can do carry in. You just can't bring them back on ship

Sent from my XT1080 using Forums mobile app

Cheers IMHO is a no brainer if you enjoy drinking. As said, 6-7 drinks is about your break even point. There is a 15 (alcoholic) drink limit. I am pretty excited about the updated cheers program covering a lot more than it did on our last cruise!

Hubby and I are cruising in June with my sister and her husband and some others to celebrate most of us turning the big 4-0! I am looking to have a great time with no worries about bills later - prepaying as much as we can before we go. So Hubby and I are purchasing CHEERS for sure. Trying to convince the others to get it too. Not having to worry about our tab at the end seems great and knowing that just about everything is included brings peace of mind. I truly don't think I'll have problems breaking even with the alcoholic drinks and other stuff included! I am getting very excited and can't stop checking things out!!

I'm thinking about buying Cheers. We drink mostly cocktail with an occasional wine. What would you call the break even point where Cheers is a value?

The point at which I have enjoyed enough beverages of all types included that would have cost me 49.95 plus gratuity for the day. ;)

It is not just cocktails at 7-10 bucks a pop but also coffees, milkshakes, bottles of water, soda, vitamin drinks, etc. If you enjoy any of these other items the cost can add up quickly.

We'll hit it.

We did the Cheers for the first time on our 8 night cruise. (Had 4 ports as well)

We probably just broke even, but the best part was not having to worry about it. We are not big drinkers in our day to day life, but on a cruise we like to drink. We will always buy Cheers now.

How does the cheers work if me and hubby are booked in separate rooms with the kids? Can just one of us buy it since we aren't staying in the same room? I don't drink as much as hubby and could pay as we go and would be more likely to get it for just him.

How does the cheers work if me and hubby are booked in separate rooms with the kids? Can just one of us buy it since we aren't staying in the same room? I don't drink as much as hubby and could pay as we go and would be more likely to get it for just him.

That's what I did. Worked very nicely.

I actually can home with 25 beers. When ordering asked the can not be opened.

Cheers!

It is not just cocktails at 7-10 bucks a pop but also coffees, milkshakes, bottles of water, soda, vitamin drinks, etc. If you enjoy any of these other items the cost can add up quickly.

100% this. On cruises i like to get the coconut waters (when you can find them). Having those on hand in the room really makes a difference with me when my body is trying to recover from the alcohol drinks!

I also like to get nice coffees.

If you add those things in with me drinking 3-9 drinks per day, it's worth it. I also like the aspect of not worrying about bill at end of cruise.

If you are going to drink then I would assume that you will most likely drink more than one a day??? In my opinion..Cheers is worth it and I do not concern myself with breaking even!!! Not having to keep a mental bar tab is worth it's weight in gold!!!!

This is us. Will we break even? Not sure, but the option of not having to keep track of where we are money wise when drinking and just paying for Cheers in advance is why we like it.

I think a better way to determine the break-even point is to look at total drinks for a cruise, e.g. if you are on a 8 day cruise with your spouse, the two of you would need to drink 80 drinks (8 x 2 x 5) to break even.

Calculating the "per-day" numbers glosses over the days when you leave the ship at eight and get back at six, and the requirement of both adults in a cabin purchasing Cheers.