On Summit Now

chrisaulbach

Are you encountering a lot of drift from smoking areas into other areas?

The only smoking area I have encountered is the one on the port side as you enter the pool deck from midship. You can certainly smell smoke when you are in vicinity of it.

Are you on the July 7th sailing? That is the one we are on.

I am on that cruise too! I did start a Roll Call page but not much activity yet. I do not think the trip is too full yet. Hoping it can get a price drop soon.

Lisa

Do you know if Aqua class can eat in main dining room on embarkation? sounds so much better than buffet!

We were on Summit Aqua in Dec and sorry no we were not allowed in the main dining room. We had a reasonable lunch at the Aqua Spa Café.

Today was our one sea day and it was "chic" night. Broiled lobster tails were on the menu and they were very good.

Thank you for your reply and for taking time out of your cruise and answering these questions.

And to the others that answered my question thank you also

I set sail on April 1. I heard Captain Kate is on vacation any date on when she is to return?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm sailing on February 27 and called Celebrity they told me she will be back for that cruise so you should be good as they do 3 months on and then 3 months off.

I was on this sailing too.

I was quite disappointed with the main dining room on this cruise. The service in the Select Dining has gone WAY downhill. It took forever to have bar waiters come to table to take drink orders. On multiple occasions we had to ask for them to come to the table. Wine service however was very good and attentive.

Ice tea was not refilled when glass was empty nor was I asked if I wanted a refill from the assistant waiter.

Food quality is still very good but has gone downhill from our Summit cruise just a year ago. Ex. Lobster tails were over cooked. French Onion soup was just warm and not hot like it used to be.

Service was much slower too, you can tell they have cut back on the number of waiters so they had to manage so many tables at once.

Other than the main dining room service issues the cruise was great. The ship is still looking great and the majority of the staff is still very friendly and helpful.

Disembarkation was kind of messy, they had everyone disembark on deck 1 midship which was very odd. I've never done that before.

It could not have been easier. Took a shuttle from our hotel at 11:00am. Arrived at 11:15 and was thru check in and on board with a glass of Champagne in my hand by 11:30.

I'm sailing Concierge class and enjoyed lunch in the main dining room at 12:00.

To elaborate on your answer, so as not to give the poster any false hope. I was on this sailing also. We left our hotel by shuttle to the port at 11:00 and we were in our room by 11:30. Remember a couple of things, however. First, the ship came from San Juan empty. Second, Celebrity sent out a mass e-mail that said not to arrive until 12:30, so this probably cut down on early arrivals. This is not be the norm for most sailings from Ft. Lauderdale. In October, I was on Infinity from Ft. Lauderdale and it took over an hour just to get through security.

I was on this sailing too.

I was quite disappointed with the main dining room on this cruise. The service in the Select Dining has gone WAY downhill. It took forever to have bar waiters come to table to take drink orders. On multiple occasions we had to ask for them to come to the table. Wine service however was very good and attentive.

Ice tea was not refilled when glass was empty nor was I asked if I wanted a refill from the assistant waiter.

Food quality is still very good but has gone downhill from our Summit cruise just a year ago. Ex. Lobster tails were over cooked. French Onion soup was just warm and not hot like it used to be.

Service was much slower too, you can tell they have cut back on the number of waiters so they had to manage so many tables at once.

Other than the main dining room service issues the cruise was great. The ship is still looking great and the majority of the staff is still very friendly and helpful.

Disembarkation was kind of messy, they had everyone disembark on deck 1 midship which was very odd. I've never done that before.

My experiences were the opposite of some of this cruisers so your mileage may vary.

I found the MDR service to be excellent. Each night the wait staff was very friendly and efficient. The 2 lobster tails I had [emoji12] were both cooked perfectly. I only had the onion soup one night but I had to allow it to cool down before I could eat it.

We did the self debarkation. We took the elevator down from deck 8 to the holding area on deck 3 at 7:10 and lined up with everyone else. At 7:30, ship staff commandeered the elevators for us and sent us down to deck 1 to disembark. We were thru customs and in a taxi by 8:15. For the amount of people disembarking, I do not know what the staff could have done differently.

I will concur that the Summit is still a wonderful ship. While on board I booked a Southern Caribbean sailing on it for next January.

We will be on the Summit in a few weeks for the 80s cruise. How is the food in the MDR and in the buffet? Are there any late night snacks such as pizza or sandwiches or pretty much just cookies or? Thanks for you help, very good information, this will be our first sailing on the Summit.

I never ate in the buffet so I can't comment on the quality. Some family members had breakfast in the buffet and were happy with it. I did pass thru there a few times late in the evening going back and forth to the Sunset Bar. I noticed pizza, pasta station, salad bar, cold cuts and deserts .

I thought the food in the MDR, Sushi on 5 and the Mast Grill to be very good. I never had an item I was disappointed in. A few of my family members were very disappointed with a Flounder Crudo appetizer one evening in the MDR.

I was on the reflection last year and they had a booklet I believe that had a one page list of what they called service locations it showed all the venues on the shif and what floors they were on I am looking for a pic if one if these for summit to help with a itinerary I am doing for a upcoming cruise in April if you see it could you please post a picture of it thank you!!!

I'll check tomorrow but I believe the standard pkg vodka selections are Smirnoff, Absolute and Stoli.

Can you also check bourbon choices? On my last Royal cruise they said they discontinued my Basil Hayden....)

Edited by JohnBoy in NC
Extra quote

I'm on Summit in Sept. for the New England/Canada cruise out of New York. Can you tell me where the smoking areas are? I like to have a cigar every night with a glass of cognac.

Elvis

No flaming please! I'm a very considerate smoker and don't want to cause anyone any grief, so don't give me any, please.