Black Card Free Specialty Dining - Menus?

MisterBill99

I've never been on MSC but just booked Seaside for next year. I've gotten upgraded to Black Card level from my Celebrity Elite status.

When using the free specialty dining for Black Card members, do you still only get to order tasting menus? If so, does anyone have copies of them?

Also, if you use the free meal at Galaxy for brunch, which I understand is at least partly a buffet, do you get to order whatever you want, or is it also limited? I thought I read that someone had used their meal there, but I might be confused.

Yes, I know I've got a while before my cruise but I'm curious to know how it works, especially since I haven't paid the deposit yet for the cruise (my TA reserved it last week and has it held thru today).

Edited by MisterBill99

Seaside could very well have its own set of procedures. No one will know them until she begins sailing.

But on my recent Divina cruise we were given a complimentary dinner at Eataly Steakhouse or the Galaxy. We choose the Steakhouse & we were able to pick what we wanted from the menu- three courses in total. It did not include beverages.

I was in the YC and had nice dinners in Le Muse. I enjoyed The Steakhouse very much too!

Seaside could very well have its own set of procedures. No one will know them until she begins sailing.

But on my recent Divina cruise we were given a complimentary dinner at Eataly Steakhouse or the Galaxy. We choose the Steakhouse & we were able to pick what we wanted from the menu- three courses in total. It did not include beverages.

Thanks for the reply. So your free meal for being a Black Card member?

I was in the YC and had nice dinners in Le Muse. I enjoyed The Steakhouse very much too!

Is the "complementary dinner for two" a per person reward if both in the cabin are Black status??

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Is the "complementary dinner for two" a per person reward if both in the cabin are Black status??

One per person. So if you're both Black, you get 2 free meals for 2 people. On some threads I've read that people who are sailing with friends who don't qualify for Black use both freebies at the same time and take their friends.

That's why I was questioning the "we were given a complimentary dinner" wording, since a) it would have been 2 if they were Black and b) I'm not sure if I'd consider it "given".

Edited by MisterBill99

Good to hear they're not requiring you to order the tasting menu anymore, that would have made it much less useful for me and I suspect was not a welcome requirement. Too bad about Galaxy brunch, but presumably there will be other choices on Seaside for me to use my free meals.