Afternoon walk FLL

macaroni

We are staying one night at the Best Western Airport/Cruiseport....after we arrive around 1, we thought it would be nice to take a taxi somewhere for a bite to eat on the water and then to walk around some instead of staying around the hotel. Any suggestions? Not too far but wherever to enjoy a few hours. Thanks!

Las Olas Blvd. plenty of restaurants, shops and a water taxi.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Second this...go to Las Olas to eat and then you can grab the water taxi. Las Olas has a website which lists all the restaurants. Just Google Las Olas Ft Lauderdale.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think we would prefer to go someplace right on the water and walk around the same area....not looking for shopping...if we go down to the beach..where do we ask to be dropped off or what about around one of the canals, like Coconuts?

We are staying one night at the Best Western Airport/Cruiseport....after we arrive around 1, we thought it would be nice to take a taxi somewhere for a bite to eat on the water and then to walk around some instead of staying around the hotel. Any suggestions? Not too far but wherever to enjoy a few hours. Thanks!

There's no place like that anywhere near your hotel, so it doesn't matter much where you go. I assume you are going to the hotel first to drop your luggage and then taxi somewhere? Uber would be less than a taxi.

17th Street/A1A/Seabreeze/Ft Lauderdale Beach Blvd. (Same street, different names) would be the closest.

I think we would prefer to go someplace right on the water and walk around the same area....not looking for shopping...if we go down to the beach..where do we ask to be dropped off or what about around one of the canals, like Coconuts?

Well, you said you want to walk, so I guess where the beach starts around the Marriott Harbor Beach and start walking north.

Thanks for the info...any suggestions for a bite to eat along the beach area?

First, you do mean the Best Western at 1221 FL-84 and not the Best Western Plus, right?

All restaurants and shops are across A1A from the beach. There is nothing on the beach side. There are so many, just walk until you see one that looks good to you. There's places like Coconuts (Intracoastal), Bubba Gump Shrimp, The Drunken Taco, Lulu's Bait Shack, Casablanca Cafe, Primanti Brothers, etc., etc.