Flight question

longislandgirl

I leave for Puerto Rico from JFK at 815 am on a Friday morning. ... what time do you suggest getting to the airport? Thanks for any advice!!

Yeah JFK is very busy in the morning so the 2 hours prior is a good idea. Safe trip!

Rob G.

I recently flew out of JFK to the next island over (STT). As others have mentioned it's a very busy airport. We stayed at the Sheraton airport hotel and the shuttle dropped us off at our gate, however I was assuming we'd get dropped off at federal circle where you have to take an air train to your terminal. We came back this way and it was a mess so I'm grateful for the way we came in. We alloted ourselves 2 hrs and we're glad we did because Delta didn't know what the heck they were doing at the ticketing counter. Had a mix up with my wife's married name and has 2 separate entries and was an hour long mess. They also changed our nice cushy direct flight on the way back to a connecting flight in Atlanta with a several hour layover and coming in at midnight. We live in Delaware with a 2.5 hr commute and have a toddler. Anyway, my point is you never know what issues you'll run into.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I leave for Puerto Rico from JFK at 815 am on a Friday morning. ... what time do you suggest getting to the airport? Thanks for any advice!!

Plan to arrive at JFK no later than 6:15 a.m. When budgeting how long it will take you to get to the AP add 1 hour to whatever you think it will take for a weekday commute to / through Queens. So if you think it will take 15 minutes, budget 1 hour and 15 minutes.

Rush hour starts in the NYC area around 5 a.m. & it's one of the most congested places in the world. Even with that extra hour I can't tell you how many times I've been biting my fingernails on the way there. Better safe then sorry.

Edited by trish1c