EPIC Crossing - Haven Experience Review

eroller

I am also booking Seaside MSC and have been over on their board lately. There are lots of NCL loyalists over there and jumping ship (pardon the pun) for MSC. The Seaside looks incredible but most important is the fair pricing. I am tired of the gimmicks NCL has been doing for over one year now. There are no "free" offers and if I was to re-book my last NCL cruise from 2015 the price would be $2500 more AT LEAST.

MSC is honoring NCL rewards too. They offer discounts for your NCL latitudes program. Maybe I will see you on Seaside or at least get to check out your amazing reviews.

I like how the YC has its pool with ocean views. The NCL haven pools are surrounded by walls and there is no view of the ocean. The best thing that ever happened to MSC is FDR at NCL ;)

There are a lot of things to love about the MSC product but it is a very different feel than NCL. Now, my experience was limited to MSC in Europe but it is very "European" in nature. I found a lot more differences on MSC to NCL than I did with HAL or RCCL to NCL. If NCL keeps there pricing in line with the perks then MSC has some serious competition. If they get crazy high like they were a few months ago on a comparable product , then MSC wins hands down. Don't get me wrong, we LOVED the Yacht Club and are looking for another cruise with MSC that works for us. But I missed a bigger room, room service availability, breakfast in my cabin, etc that I get on NCL.

And if you think NCL nickels and dimes you, wait till you see MSC structure. It is crazy complicated and has lots of payable extras.

It is slowly being phased in on certain ships/sailings. It is supposed to be fleetwide by summer 2017....

64489164a402935af14ce4e0f427af4f.jpg

Some guests have already had it and even have it printed on their E-docs.

Great info thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There are a lot of things to love about the MSC product but it is a very different feel than NCL. Now, my experience was limited to MSC in Europe but it is very "European" in nature. I found a lot more differences on MSC to NCL than I did with HAL or RCCL to NCL. If NCL keeps there pricing in line with the perks then MSC has some serious competition. If they get crazy high like they were a few months ago on a comparable product , then MSC wins hands down. Don't get me wrong, we LOVED the Yacht Club and are looking for another cruise with MSC that works for us. But I missed a bigger room, room service availability, breakfast in my cabin, etc that I get on NCL.

And if you think NCL nickels and dimes you, wait till you see MSC structure. It is crazy complicated and has lots of payable extras.

I've sailed on the MSC DIVINA out of Miami. It was pretty Americanized and felt similar to other Caribbean cruises I've taken. I'm guessing SEASIDE will be the same, since she is bound for year round cruises out of Miami.

I understand the MSC product in Europe is quite different than DIVINA, as MSC has tried hard to cater to North American tastes with the DIVINA. I'm guessing MSC in Europe is probably similar to the Costa cruise I took in Europe a few years back. We were two of only 12 Americans onboard. It was interesting.

I am also booking Seaside MSC and have been over on their board lately. There are lots of NCL loyalists over there and jumping ship (pardon the pun) for MSC. The Seaside looks incredible but most important is the fair pricing. I am tired of the gimmicks NCL has been doing for over one year now. There are no "free" offers and if I was to re-book my last NCL cruise from 2015 the price would be $2500 more AT LEAST.

MSC is honoring NCL rewards too. They offer discounts for your NCL latitudes program. Maybe I will see you on Seaside or at least get to check out your amazing reviews.

I like how the YC has its pool with ocean views. The NCL haven pools are surrounded by walls and there is no view of the ocean. The best thing that ever happened to MSC is FDR at NCL ;)

I think SEASIDE is going to be incredible. Just an amazing looking ship. Very different design. Have you studied the deck plan? Quite a unique layout. The gym/spa and buffet are off the large promenade deck. Usually these are high up and in the very front and back of the ship. Just two of the things that are very different with SEASIDE. I also agree the Yacht Club pool looks awesome. I wish they would release the plan for Deck 19 but not yet.

Yes I'm also tired of the NCL pricing game and many of the changes that came with FDR. It's one of the reasons I'm giving NCL a break for a while.

Eroller, did you ever eat at the semi-outside Haven restaurant? Had read somewhere that it has a different menu from the Epic Club. Didn't see a pic of that menu. We were on the Epic last January in Europe. The bar was open, they were not serving food out there. Too cold I guess. But we had happy hour at that bar almost every day before getting ready for dinner. Can't wait to sail on the Epic again in warm weather. Thanks for your review!

Eroller, did you ever eat at the semi-outside Haven restaurant? Had read somewhere that it has a different menu from the Epic Club. Didn't see a pic of that menu. We were on the Epic last January in Europe. The bar was open, they were not serving food out there. Too cold I guess. But we had happy hour at that bar almost every day before getting ready for dinner. Can't wait to sail on the Epic again in warm weather. Thanks for your review!

Yes we did dine out there a few times, especially convenient when you're in your bathing attire and want something more casual. The menu is a little different. More of a grill. Burgers and such. Excellent burgers I might add. Inside, they will let you order anything off the outside menu, but not the other way around. It was nice to have a couple options in the afternoon depending on your mood.

We were on the same crossing this fall. I was wondering how crowded Posh was? By the time we boarded, the passes were all gone.

It wasn't crowded at all, but of course that is the appeal. If it were crowded it certainly would not be worth paying for. I couldn't always get one of the large sun beds that I loved, but most of the time I could. There were always chairs available even if not in your first choice of location. It really did add a great deal to my enjoyment of the cruise, but I'm a person that loves lounging in the sun.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That is awesome you are in one of my photos! LOL

So glad you enjoyed the experience as much as we did.

Did you happen to notice the amount of gay guys in the Haven (we were two of them). We actually nick named it "The Gayven" on this cruise. LOL There was a big group of us that knew each other from previous cruises.

Yes we did, and that was what made this trip as fun as it was. Was definitely one big party.

Yes we did, and that was what made this trip as fun as it was. Was definitely one big party.

I'm glad we all helped enhance your fun! That is what it was all about and I think we accomplished that.

Wow David, really? I never thought you'd leave the Haven! The prices are insane though.