Good Disney Wonder drydock enhancements video

davidmbfonz

Hey folks - I was searching for some video of the enhancements to the Disney Wonder - have been perusing everyone's threads and reviews also.

I came across this pretty good video on youtube - it got me even more excited about our upcoming sailing on the Wonder.

I've seen some of the complaint threads about plumbing issues that remain. Anyone care to comment on what they think of the various new venues? Tiana's Place in particular looks stunning, but I understand it might be loud?

TIA!

Man that computer generated voice is just grating on the ears!

Only Hatsune Miku is allowed to do that much electronic text-speak. :mad:

Not the Wonder, but for those trying to research their first DCL cruise in general, I've discovered one of my favorite YouTubes was from BeingMommyWithStyle, who did an absolutely exhaustive 6-part play-by-play first person V-log of her Bahamas 4-day on the Dream with her two kids--

If there's some general part of the ship you're wondering about, she's covered it. (Including some of the kids' activities she had to accompany/video with her girls.)

And I don't know if they've had any funnier Debarkation Info videos on the TV-loops, but Christian Abbott on the Dream had some helpful info ahead of time, for knowing what to expect on leaving the ship:

Edited by EJanss

Tiana's place is LOUD. You barely hear your servers and can't have a conversation without shouting, even on a 4-top. It was our first MDR in our rotation. It truly doesn't help establishing a good relation with your serving team. From our place, we couldn't hear a word Tiana was saying. I guess they placed the speakers in the columns facing outward, but we were in the center of the room. All that being said, the food and music is great. They match the theming perfectly. The biggest improvement from the dry-dock is certainly Cabana's. They expanded the seating quite a bit. Unlike before, we never had trouble finding a place to sit and didn't have to wait in line at the buffet. They also installed new communal sinks at the entrance which we liked a lot. The rest of the improvements were noticeable but not noteworthy since they simply brought the ship on par with the others.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Nice summary, Dage. Thanks! I'm thinking/betting in the next year they'll work out the sound/volume kinks with Tiana's Place. The whole concept looks fantastic!

Beignets for dessert?!! :D

Oh, you didn't mention the new "Frozen" show - I'm betting that's good!

Edited by davidmbfonz

My son had the beignets and loved them. They come with a chocolate/espresso sauce. I got the pecan tart that evening since I don't like fried foods. My server also brought me the white chocolate bread pudding. He was right : it's the best dessert from the entire cruise, on par with the Grand Marnier soufflé.

I was impressed with Frozen. The performances, puppets, costumes and effects are all great. Unlike many parents, we are not sick of the songs yet. It's the only cruise we've been on where they do a matinee. The place was packed at all three shows.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Nice summary, Dage. Thanks! I'm thinking/betting in the next year they'll work out the sound/volume kinks with Tiana's Place. The whole concept looks fantastic!

Beignets for dessert?!! :D

Oh, you didn't mention the new "Frozen" show - I'm betting that's good!

We were able to hear Tatiana just fine, the problem is the overall design not he place lends to it being loud, especially when you compare it to say Tritons. Even when the music isnt playing its a chore to hear tablemates. But they play live music almost entirely through dinner. The music was great but I wish they had played less of it so I could hear my tablemates, and also hear myself think.