Pink Sand Beaches - Bahamas

packerbackergb

So I sailing on June 17 - June 24 on Carnival Freedom. I've heard of Harbour Island and the pink sand beaches. The flights to the island are $140 pp round trip, so super cheap, and only about 20 mins.

We are docked in Nassau for a long while that day, and I was wondering if anyone ever ventured off to Harbour Island? Of course it's not an excursion offered by Carnival, so I would be planning it on my own.

It's my first time cruising. Should I not over complicate it? The beach in the pictures are STUNNING!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Don't just look at flight prices; you have to look at flight times, also.

I wouldn't even consider this, it's not possible to do in one day. You have to take a flight to Eleuthera and then take a boat to Harbour Island. You don't say the date you'd want to go, but for most days, looks like the earliest outbound flight is 6:45 am, and they arrive at ELH at 11:45 am. The outbound flight leaves at 12:30 p.m. They all connect in Miami. For other days, outbound flight is nonstop, but it leaves at 2:00 p.m. And return is 2:50 p.m. Which of course, wouldn't even give you time to get off the plane.

There's no way you have time to do this. Save it for a land trip.

Edited by 6rugrats

I wouldn't even consider this, it's not possible to do in one day. You have to take a flight to Eleuthera and then take a boat to Harbour Island. You don't say the date you'd want to go, but for most days, looks like the earliest outbound flight is 6:45 am, and they arrive at ELH at 11:45 am. The outbound flight leaves at 12:30 p.m. They all connect in Miami. For other days, outbound flight is nonstop, but it leaves at 2:00 p.m. And return is 2:50 p.m. Which of course, wouldn't even give you time to get off the plane.

We chose a cruise with a concert (Jeff Foxworthy) and that's why I was considering this. We will be docked from 7am to 11pm. Concert starting at 9.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

This is incorrect. You do not have to connect through Miami to get to North Eleuthera. The flight to North Eleuthera is 20 minutes from Nassau. You can fly on Bahamasair or PineappleAir to get there and there are several flights a day. The ferry takes about 10 minutes. If you're going to be in Nassau from 6am to 11pm it is doable. However, it is risky because if you miss the last flight, which is usually around 5pm, then you're stuck until the next day. That said, I would definitely say it's worth it. Harbour Island has some of the most beautiful beaches in The Bahamas.