Harmony Dining Question

Danbee46

We just got off the Navigator today. While on the ship another passenger was talking about the Harmony and complaining about the dinner arrangements. He told us that passengers are rotated among three main dining rooms each night with different tablemates and wait staff and he had to stand on line to be seated every night.

We have booked Harmony for next September and would like to know if that's true?

On Harmony now. That is false, there is Traditional dining early or late seating with same table and wait staff or My Time Dining where you pick the time. With MTD you are in the same venue, you just might not get the same staff. But you can request to be seated in the same area every night to get the same staff.

That's the way my time dining is on an oasis class ship right now. I can't speak to the others. The only way you will be standing in a line is if you don't book your meal time.

Personally for the 5 minutes it takes to book the whole week, I don't see why anyone wouldn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That's the way my time dining is on an oasis class ship right now. I can't speak to the others. The only way you will be standing in a line is if you don't book your meal time.

Personally for the 5 minutes it takes to book the whole week, I don't see why anyone wouldn't.

Even if you book your times...you will still have to stand a line to check in...as you know you just can't walk in and go to your table unassisted.

The reason why "anyone wouldn't" having the flexibility to dine each night depending on what you're doing....Sometimes hard to assume this before boarding....and the reason MTD was originally created.

The option is for each cruiser to decide.

Danbee- you can go online to check if you are set up for mytime or traditional. If you are traditional and don't like the seating you can call and try to switch. A few months before sailing, you are able to use the website to book your mytime dining times, if you want to do that in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Even if you book your times...you will still have to stand a line to check in...as you know you just can't walk in and go to your table unassisted.

The reason why "anyone wouldn't" having the flexibility to dine each night depending on what you're doing....Sometimes hard to assume this before boarding....and the reason MTD was originally created.

The option is for each cruiser to decide.

"you can't walk in and go to your table unassisted" are you referring to MTD?...K.O.:confused:

"you can't walk in and go to your table unassisted" are you referring to MTD?...K.O.:confused:

You can if you have fixed dining- as your table will remain the same every day. For MTD, you book daily and your table can and probably will change. If you like the idea of the same waiters and table mates do fixed dining.

Enjoy

We are scheduled for traditional dining. However, I would like to try a few of the restaurants for dinner. Will the option of making dining reservations appear in my Cruise Planner or am I out of luck because we are traditional?

Yes ! I was talking about MTD and saying you "Can't" just walk in...you still have to stand in line !!

Lindsyh- with traditional (and MTD), you can also do specialty restaurants any time you'd like. However, to be nice, when we are traditional, we like to tell our waiter in advance if we are planing to skip the MDR the next night, so he isn't waiting for us :). On our next cruise, we're doing Wonderland the first night, and MDR traditional the rest.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Yes ! I was talking about MTD and saying you "Can't" just walk in...you still have to stand in line !!

Yes you're right. You do need to stand in line, however, if you are prebooked the line will be 5 minutes max (based on my 4 oasis class cruises) verses a half hour or longer if not booked

Had to ask because I know traditional dining you walk right in and sit at you assigned table like you own it!....K.O.:)..At least for that cruise..:) Edited by Thetrail