AF-P Nikon lens

robjan245

Check to be sure that this lens is compatible with your camera. My understanding is that these Nikon P lenses will only work with the very latest models.

Here is a list of compatible cameras I found:

Compatible Cameras

• D3000-series cameras from the D3300 and later
  • D5000-series cameras from the D5200 and later
  • D7000-series cameras from the D7100 and later
  • D500

Compatible cameras may require a firmware update

With my D7200 I use two primary lenses. The AF-S 18-55 and AF-S 55-300, and I and totally satisfied with the combination. Both are VR.

Not sure what your second lens is for up closer shooting, and why the question about the AF-P unless you are try to save a few bucks. Which ever way you go, make sure to get the VR version as that provides the equivalent of a few more F stops in low light environments.

Replaced my D300S/18-200mm (gave it to my son) with a D7200/18-300mm for its lighter weight and easier carrying for long periods of time (getting "mature"). The D300S combo performed superbly on safari in Tanzania and Kenya. The new 18-300 provides an effective 27-450 range on the D7200 and was perfect for China and Tibet earlier this year. Heading to Antarctica with the 18-300 as the only lens next month and expect it will perfect superbly. Both lenses easily enlarge 24X36in mounted prints and are perfect in every situation I've encountered traveling and around family.

Replaced my D300S/18-200mm (gave it to my son) with a D7200/18-300mm for its lighter weight and easier carrying for long periods of time (getting "mature"). The D300S combo performed superbly on safari in Tanzania and Kenya. The new 18-300 provides an effective 27-450 range on the D7200 and was perfect for China and Tibet earlier this year. Heading to Antarctica with the 18-300 as the only lens next month and expect it will perfect superbly. Both lenses easily enlarge 24X36in mounted prints and are perfect in every situation I've encountered traveling and around family.

I saw that lens, but could not justify the step up as I had everything covered. I also travel with a Tamrac bag set up with a single strap for easy side access and use it to carry the camera, so two lenses are no problem.

Do love the speed of the D7200. For anyone looking at a new camera, make sure to look at the back plane speed of this one compared to others. You need to spend much more for just a little improvement. It is about 8 plus F-stops faster than my relatively new Canon.