Sign & Sail Card in your mail box

CruiseHealing

Does anyone know if this is currently on the Magic? Also, do they scan the cards at the Muster Drill for attendance? On the last Carnival cruise I took, the muster drill took forever because they hand counted everyone. When we were on RCCL, they scanned your card when you entered the Muster Drill so they knew exactly who was missing. I hope they have started to do this on Carnival. It made things so much quicker. 20 days until sailing!

They scanned our cards on Vista and I think I saw someone post that they did on Glory too but I'm not sure. Sounds like as they go to the cards in the mailboxes, they get the iPads so they can scan your boarding passes and also the S&S cards at muster. I loved it this way. Made muster much faster and they could tell who was missing.

I can understand people's paranoia, but if you do not like the system, you are able to go down to guest services and have your key reissued. Don't do it immediately when you get on the ship, do it sometime that afternoon when Guest Services is not as bog down with people who actually cannot get into their room. For those of you that are worried about extra charges on your sign and sail, just make sure you look at your account after the first 24 hours. I noticed times in the past when people will buy something down in the comedy clubs, and it's assigned to a room number, and they don't even use a sign and sail card. I don't drink, so I know immediately when the drink is not mine and it appears. If a charge is fraudulent, Carnival will remove it.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Forums mobile app

I can understand people's paranoia, but if you do not like the system, you are able to go down to guest services and have your key reissued. Don't do it immediately when you get on the ship, do it sometime that afternoon when Guest Services is not as bog down with people who actually cannot get into their room. For those of you that are worried about extra charges on your sign and sail, just make sure you look at your account after the first 24 hours. I noticed times in the past when people will buy something down in the comedy clubs, and it's assigned to a room number, and they don't even use a sign and sail card. I don't drink, so I know immediately when the drink is not mine and it appears. If a charge is fraudulent, Carnival will remove it.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Forums mobile app

Yes they can get a new card issued but I can assure you GS is not bogged down with people who can't get in their cabins. They are bogged down with people asking for upgrades that don't exist.

I have a problem with this card distribution system. I work for a major resort with thousands of hotel rooms. Room keys are personalized with guests information and allow them to charge any resort goods or services to their account. Much like on the ships the time between previous guest check out and check in time is a flurry of maids, bell boys, rooms men, maintenance, florists, and suite coordinators. At a security meeting staff fell about laughing at the idea of putting room cards in the hallways.

Now I don't care if the room cards are sealed in an envelope, and stored in a lemonade jar under Funk & Wagnall's front porch they are exposed to whoever walks down the hall. This means neither the ship or the guest have control of a means to charge to an account. Worse yet, it is easy enough to clone the cards allowing Mr. Thief access to your cabin.

If the goal of ship's management to prevent people from entering their cabins early they can easily use the door lock system to prevent use before the appointed time.

I think it is nice to have a check in person verify your documents and hand you your "key." It is they way hospitality has been done for centuries.

While I agree in theory, but as previously stated the persons picture is attached to the cards so it makes it hard to do that.

Also, while the cards could probably be cloned do you really think someone is bringing all the equipment needed to clone a persons door card? Seems a lot of trouble and in a closed environment of a ship more likely to be caught.

Does anyone know if this is currently on the Magic? Also, do they scan the cards at the Muster Drill for attendance? On the last Carnival cruise I took, the muster drill took forever because they hand counted everyone. When we were on RCCL, they scanned your card when you entered the Muster Drill so they knew exactly who was missing. I hope they have started to do this on Carnival. It made things so much quicker. 20 days until sailing!

I would also like to know if/when it will be on the Magic. We will be on her in October.

As for muster, I believe the Magic has muster in the show lounge. Can someone please confirm that? At least that way, if you have to wait it isn't in the heat!