Fantasy delayed ☹️

I have someone on the Valor and they are being delayed into Galveston too. Probably arriving tomorrow night 8ish. Seems this storm front sweeping down is making havoc for ships trying to fight against the wind. Valor is expected to get some big winds later tonight (50-60 mph) and waves. But they are going slow to,try to let the front pass so they can follow behind. Imagine Ectasy is doing something similar.

Due to weather encountered on the way back to port, I am sorry to say, boarding for your cruise will be on Tuesday. We will provide you with an update and your check in times later today at 4:00 pm.

Text just received from Carnival.

I know the feeling you are having. We were on the Breeze 1/15 and we were delayed because of fog in Galveston. We got a hotel room and waited to board. If you have insurance most will cover the cost to a certain amount.

Will the people that were supposed to board today that will board tomorrow lose a day on their cruise? So instead of 5 day cruise they get 4?

I would say YES, because you have another cruise after that will be waiting to leave. However there should be compensation for each pax.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone heard anything further from CCL about compensation?

It seems to me that not having to pay for the day we missed is not really compensation.

We actually missed about 28-30 hours depending on when the agents in Mobile allowed you into the parking lot at the port. :(

They did refund the missed port fee, big deal $10.:rolleyes: That happens often and they always refund way less that what one pays in port fees.:rolleyes:

I enjoyed our day in Fairhope but it cost me much more than it would have to stay home.

They knew about the delay sooner than they alerted anyone. They had to know on Sunday night the ship would not be there, why did they not alert everyone then so other plans could have been made.

The fact that the Senior Bowl was in Mobile it made hotel rooms scarce and more expensive.

If you do not text, you were basically in the dark about what was going on.:(

I guess you can tell I am not a happy camper. I also came home with the cold our tour guide had in Progresso.:mad:

Why do you expect compensation beyond receiving a pro-rated refund and port fees for weather related delays? They can't control the weather and port closings due to weather and poor visibility.

If it had been due to a mechanical issue then you would have a valid argument about compensation, but no one can control the weather. Blame God, Allah, the Spaghetti monster, mother nature, Al Gore, or whatever other supreme being or force you believe in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Forums mobile app

Edited by stobe1

I totally agree they can't control the weather but I do think they can control how they react to it. They did not alert the upcoming cruisers as soon as they could have, they did not keep people without text availability updated regularly, they were barely civil at the port [i know CCL does not totally control this].

I feel the situation could have been handled much more efficiently and with much more finesse but was not. :rolleyes:

There is also the matter of the 4 hours or so that was lost that they ignored.

My question was regarding what, if anything, had anyone heard.

Edited by Clairescurtains

I also agree that they cannot control the weather, but they must acknowledge in some manner the hardship that ensues when I am supposed to board on Monday and the cruise gets pushed to Tuesday. Compensation for the missed day is a given, but some OBC or something should be extended if nothing more than a sorry you had to spend another night in a hotel and not on your cruise. McDonald's sends me out some free fries when I have to wait 5 minutes for chicken nuggets. Do they have to? Of course not, it's just good business and I say hey, McDonald's cares about my time and knows it is important, I should spend more money here.

Except your chicken nuggets weren't delayed by fog. They were delayed because they didn't have any cooked and ready to go. That is something that is in their control and so they comp you a free order of fries. If they couldn't fry them because the kitchen all of a sudden became foggy and subsequently couldn't see, then that would be different.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Forums mobile app

I also agree that they cannot control the weather, but they must acknowledge in some manner the hardship that ensues when I am supposed to board on Monday and the cruise gets pushed to Tuesday. Compensation for the missed day is a given, but some OBC or something should be extended if nothing more than a sorry you had to spend another night in a hotel and not on your cruise. McDonald's sends me out some free fries when I have to wait 5 minutes for chicken nuggets. Do they have to? Of course not, it's just good business and I say hey, McDonald's cares about my time and knows it is important, I should spend more money here.

Why is it a hardship. Refund you for day, and if you are stuck in town, take the money, and use it for a Hotel, and enjoy the city. I have had weather delays with airlines that caused me a half day of fun. The airline, got me to where I was going eventually. Happy? No, but they did not cause the weather.

The fries only cost them $0.15 to send out. It's actually cheaper than a soda, because the soda cup cost more than the soda, but the french fries wrapper is just paper.

Only problem with your idea is, the refund won't be given for a while [3 weeks perhaps] and the town was booked out due to the Senior bowl being in town. It was not a real hardship for us but could have been for those on a strict budget, it was an aggravation. They need to respond to the aggravation factor with some sort of appeasement, a free drink, t-shirt or similar would have been nice and a negligible expense to them, instead they ignored the cruiser's difficulties. The lack of notice and their cavalier attitude were bothersome to me.

I have cruised with CCL several times and have another cruise booked, I was quite disappointed in their attitude this time.