quad room?

charliegirlac

Hi everyone,

We are considering a cruise on the carnival spirit but am having some trouble with finding a room that has suitable bedding for my family. Previously we have cruised on royal and the sofa in the room would fold out to make a double bed which was perfect for my 2 young kids. however all the cabins i have looked at on carnival seem to over 1 queen bed and then a single bed and a bunk. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

thanks!

We don't sail Royal because of exactly what you described. My kids refuse to sleep in the same bed. 13 and 8 yo boys.

On Carnival the sofa turns into a single bed and there is an upper pull-man that comes out of the ceiling to make a bunk bed above the sofa. So they get 2 different beds. It is a standard bunk type bed with a ladder and safety bar, the kids fight over who gets to sleep there so we've resorted to taking turns since we do 2 cruises a year.

To us this is the perfect configuration, the sofa bed doesn't take up any additional room so we leave it as a bed and the pull-man down all cruise and still have the same amount of room to move around.

Not sure about the Spirit, but every ship I've been on has a King bed on Carnival not Queen (I would say it was in between a King and Queen)

Edited by bburk00

Go to cruisedeckplans.com and pick the ship. When that page opens on the left are the differenct categories. Each box will tell you how many can fit in the cabin then you can see if it's a sofa and pull down. You can alos go down on the right side to Extras and pick the floor and see a description of the cabin.

Hi everyone,

We are considering a cruise on the carnival spirit but am having some trouble with finding a room that has suitable bedding for my family. Previously we have cruised on royal and the sofa in the room would fold out to make a double bed which was perfect for my 2 young kids. however all the cabins i have looked at on carnival seem to over 1 queen bed and then a single bed and a bunk. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

thanks!

What I have noted many do with young kids is to pull the mattress off the bunk and place it on the floor for sleeping if the fear is a child falling out of bed.

We've stayed in a quad room many times. We have 3 children and it just worked for us when they were younger...all under the age of 13. The room has the regular bed for mom and dad, an overhead bunk at the head of that bed and an overhead bunk at the foot of that bed and a pull out bed on the floor. It was certainly cramped but all the beds were put up until bed time. So, at bed time everybody had to have all the up and down stuff done...bathroom, water, etc. Here's a picture of our room turned down for the night. Hope this helps!

873876082_468421_10200658340355079_385105717_o(1).jpg.33040310adb24dfd677adf221889e513.jpg

an inside room will not have a sofa

oceanview and balconies will have two beds pushed together

a convertable sofa and an upper bed.

the best balcony on this class of ship is 6232

and only one of its kind

http://s669.photobucket.com/user/bmcquaide/media/legendbalcony.jpg.html

We don't sail Royal because of exactly what you described. My kids refuse to sleep in the same bed. 13 and 8 yo boys.

On Carnival the sofa turns into a single bed and there is an upper pull-man that comes out of the ceiling to make a bunk bed above the sofa. So they get 2 different beds. It is a standard bunk type bed with a ladder and safety bar, the kids fight over who gets to sleep there so we've resorted to taking turns since we do 2 cruises a year.

To us this is the perfect configuration, the sofa bed doesn't take up any additional room so we leave it as a bed and the pull-man down all cruise and still have the same amount of room to move around.

Not sure about the Spirit, but every ship I've been on has a King bed on Carnival not Queen (I would say it was in between a King and Queen)

The Spirit 4K (French Door obstructed inside) and balcony cabins have the above configuration.

Suites have a fold out couch.

Do not know what the Ocean Views have.

If you decide on a regular interior cabin, this thread has suggestions how to configure the cabin beds. The window wall would be the far wall.

E173 and E203 on Carnival Inspiration

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2439397