Anthem of the Seas - Best Location on Ship?

jaelae

So this goes for most ships in general, but this is the first time cruising with two little ones (3 and 1). Although I originally looked into Disney Magic - financially it did not make sense. I never thought about location too much in the past since my wife and I never had a problem with sea sickness, or had any noise complaints.

However, with two little ones I had some things to consider:

- I am booking a Balcony room so that at bed time we can head outside so we aren't stuck going to bed together too early. This seems like a no brainer since on the Anthem of the Seas the cost isn't much at all. Although we are trying to spend a little more to get a D1 balcony since the ones I found tend to be on the bump with some extra room.

- We are looking around midship floor 8 as it is well below a lot of the floors with ship activities but high enough to guarantee we won't have a lifeboat outside of our window.

- Trying to make sure we are away from elevators, in between other cabins, and away from "white space" on the map to ensure less distractions. Also confirming above and below us are also cabins.

Is there anything else to consider here?

I was on anthem in June for 9 nights, and stayed in balcony room 8552. We enjoyed it very much. Hardly any noise, we were close to the front elevator/stairs but not too close where we couldn't hear the foot traffic. The ship is amazing, have fun!

I was on anthem in June for 9 nights, and stayed in balcony room 8552. We enjoyed it very much. Hardly any noise, we were close to the front elevator/stairs but not too close where we couldn't hear the foot traffic. The ship is amazing, have fun!

Thanks for the info. Good to know, I think newer ships are even better with noise and I am not too concerned - I just want to try to minimize any loud noises where possible. Thanks for the info!

I asked about deck 8 months ago and specifically about a couple of the D1 cabins. I was told we would be fine as the life boats are on deck 6. I would say if you want to stay close to the activities then deck 8 or 9 is a good idea. We actually prefer higher so we just moved from a D1 on Deck 8 to a D1 on deck 11. Enjoy your cruise!

I think the Quantum class was designed well well it comes to passenger decks. Everything between deck 6 and deck 13 is pretty much passenger decks. Which means unless you're on deck 13 or 6, you will not have public high traffic decks above and below you which in my opinion, makes for a quieter evening in your cabins notwithstanding your neighbors.

That being said, this ship is HUGE and has two banks of elevators. The rear banks (i should say rear two banks as they have banks on each side) bears the brunt of the work as they service pretty much the rear half of the ships as well as part of the front half. We were closer to the rear on deck 8 which was fine, but the trek to the elevators/stairs was a fairly long one. It seems that any of the aft cabins seem a bit farther to the elevators than true mid-ship and fore.

We had a D1 on Anthem.

There are no curtains separating the sleeper-sofa from the bed. If you want a little privacy, bring about 6 strong magnets and ask the room steward for an extra king size flat sheet. Use the magnets to stick the sheet to the ceiling and wall. Some people bring a shower curtain, but less packing space to borrow a sheet.

On our sliding balcony door, there was a lock high up on the door frame. We didn't let our DD watch when we used it. :)

Have a great time!

If you are concerned about ship movement definitely don't go higher than deck 8, you might want to think about deck 6 or 7.

Deck 6 does have obstructed balconies, I had cabin 6562 in March with an extended balcony which was on the corner so we had good wind protection for the cold days. Lifeboat #1 was in front of the balcony so the view was not so good if you were sitting but your use of the balcony in December might be limited anyway (which is why I chose this cabin to save a few hundred $). I did not feel any movement in this cabin but did at Windjammer.

In October I was in a studio cabin on Deck 8 near the aft elevators. The night before arriving in Bermuda we met the remnants of a hurricane and the ship was pitching and I did feel it the movement a bit in this cabin. Deck 6 could have been moving too since it was pitching (front to back) versus rolling (side to side) but the rule of thumb is the lower the better.

We were in 6272 a few months back, it's listed as obstructed view but there's no lifeboat directly outside, (actually, the outdoor patio for Jamie's was right below us, but wasn't used on our trip )

Loved the location, very little movement, 270 was right down the hall.

In fact, we liked it so much we booked a 12 nite in Feb 2018 and grabbed the same cabin ! :)

Edited by MikeandConnie

We were in 6272 a few months back, it's listed as obstructed view but there's no lifeboat directly outside, (actually, the outdoor patio for Jamie's was right below us, but wasn't used on our trip )

Loved the location, very little movement, 270 was right down the hall.

In fact, we liked it so much we booked a 12 nite in Feb 2018 and grabbed the same cabin ! :)

We were in cabin 6266 in Oct and agree with MikeandConnie. Nice quiet cabin and one floor above 270.

Dan

So this goes for most ships in general, but this is the first time cruising with two little ones (3 and 1). Although I originally looked into Disney Magic - financially it did not make sense. I never thought about location too much in the past since my wife and I never had a problem with sea sickness, or had any noise complaints.

However, with two little ones I had some things to consider:

- I am booking a Balcony room so that at bed time we can head outside so we aren't stuck going to bed together too early. This seems like a no brainer since on the Anthem of the Seas the cost isn't much at all. Although we are trying to spend a little more to get a D1 balcony since the ones I found tend to be on the bump with some extra room.

- We are looking around midship floor 8 as it is well below a lot of the floors with ship activities but high enough to guarantee we won't have a lifeboat outside of our window.

- Trying to make sure we are away from elevators, in between other cabins, and away from "white space" on the map to ensure less distractions. Also confirming above and below us are also cabins.

Is there anything else to consider here?

We've stayed in cabin # 9058 and not too far from the elevators but without any of the noise. It is a category D7 and it's a hump cabin with a larger balcony. Chose this cabin for the Quantum's 12 nite Carib., Anthem's 9 nite N/E-Canada and booked the same for the Jan. '18 Anthem's 12 nite Carib. sail. It is mid-ship in both east to west & south to north. Not too familiar with nautical terms, eg: aft, stern etc. LOL.

We were on Deck 6, 6678 and 6680, IIRC, last summer. Like you, DD and DSIL like to sit out on the balcony when their boys slept. However, our rooms were directly above the smoking patio, which was fully occupied every night and often during the day. Instead of the quiet, relaxing enjoyment of the stars and the dark ocean they had experienced on past cruises, they were surrounded by whiffs of smoke and chatter. I would strongly advise against choosing rooms in that area, unless you are many decks higher.