Door decorations

bigjay

Hello can anyone help me I'm trying to find out where you can buy fire retardant decorations Thank you J

If you're talking about a store in your area, such as Party City or Hobby Lobby, you probably won't find anything specifically labeled as "fire retardant". With some searching on Google, you may find a company or two that has items designated as being fire retardant. To the best of my knowledge, no staff members have a way of determining if the decorations you use are fire retardant or nor. Your best bet would be to use store bought items, rather than something homemade. Follow the guidelines for decorating that are in the "F.A.Q." section on Carnival's home page, and you should be alright.

We just got off the Breeze yesterday and I will tell you that at least a dozen or more cabin doors and mid hallways between doors were decorated in the aft where we were. I used to decorate and got a lot of slack from family for not bringing decor on this cruise. I am not sure if they are only enforcing on certain ships but most of the decor I saw was from the $ store or party stores.

One cabin even had their whole door covered in post its with a pen available for messages.

Hello can anyone help me I'm trying to find out where you can buy fire retardant decorations Thank you J

You won't find them.

We always decorate our door with decorative card stock cut outs. Since the new rule, we decorated our door on our last two cruises and no one said a word. We had no issues at all.

With all the paper that is left in the cabin along with the Fun Times, saying the door decorations are a fire hazard is a joke. IMO.

We always take them down the night before debarkation. We would never leave them for the steward to clean up.

I don't understand this phenomenon.....I don't "decorate" my hotel room door...why would I decorate my cabin door????

People don't typically spend a week in a hotel with the same people all week. And if they did, they probably wouldn't interact much with the other guests, or make friends with some of them. That's because the atmosphere on a cruise ship is totally different than a hotel. On a cruise ship, such as Carnival, you're encouraged to have fun. And for a number of people, decorating the door is fun. It's okay if you don't want to, but don't begrudge those that do.

Teachers supply store will likely be your best bet. Many schools, hospitals and nursing homes must also have fire resistant decorations.

Breeze has not been enforcing the deco policy and Dream seems to have gone beyond. There needs to be consistency to be taken seriously.

I don't understand this phenomenon.....I don't "decorate" my hotel room door...why would I decorate my cabin door????

we decorate when we take the kids. The kids want to be the first one at the door to be able to open it

I imagine a lot of people started doing this (originally) as a way to help visually ID their own specific cabin without having to look at the cabin numbers. It would be helpful for people with small kids, as the previous post mentions the kids run to the door to get their first to be the one to open it....

Breeze has not been enforcing the deco policy and Dream seems to have gone beyond. There needs to be consistency to be taken seriously.

I'm planning on going on the Dream, so most likely they will take it down? I never do anything outrageous, just mainly make my door stick out!

You can buy fire retardant spray on Amazon. I did this and sprayed all my decorations just in case they gave me a hard time. On the Magic not a single person asked if they were fire retardant.

As for why I decorate our cabin doors... it is not only fun, but it also helps our family find our doors quickly. We have an autistic daughter and she depends on our door decorations to find our cabins. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

In the past, we used foam sheets that we decorated to hang as a door decoration. Currently, as magnets are considered safe, we created our signs using car door magnet templates from Vista Print. This allows us to use our signs on magnetic and nonmagnetic doors. We use command performance strips to hang them on nonmagnetic doors. On a long hallway, it is easy to spot.

Edited by tashartx