Another Shore Excursion Question

Sabbycat

Hi all,

I am trying to gage the price of the unlimited shore excursion package vs. the World Collection for our 18 day cruise with 9 ports of call.

Is anyone able to provide a ball park for this? Approx price for the unlimited vs what the min. # of excursions that will need to be bought for the World Collection?

Thanks for any light you can shed on this closely guarded Oceania secret!

Sabrina

Your travel agent should have this exact information, but the World Collection should be around 6. You would get 25% off if booked in advance, 15% on board. Any excursions that you get as a promo with O Life count toward your number needed for the World Collection.

I would have no idea what the Unlimited would be, you really need to ask your TA, or if you didn't use one call Oceania CS.

Having just returned from a cruise on Marina, I can tell you that there has been a lot of misinformation about the discount on excursions, much of it coming from Oceania HQ. The actual discount, whether onboard or beforehand is 25%--at least everyone on Marina was just given that. However, when you sign up for YWC all excursions become non-refundable, although you can switch excursions before the normal 24 hour deadline.

The onboard excursion staff just laughed at me when I told them about all the stories about discount percentage in relation to the "free" Olife excursions. The Olife ones do count toward the 6 you need for the YWC discount.

Anyone have any prices for the all inclusive pkg for their recent cruise? If so, how many ports did you have and what was the cost?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4

You seem to be determined to ask that question, whether the answers would benefit you or not-

What possible use would it be for you to know the cost(s) of the Excursion Package on an entirely different cruise?

Hi all,

I am trying to gage the price of the unlimited shore excursion package vs. the World Collection for our 18 day cruise with 9 ports of call.

Is anyone able to provide a ball park for this? Approx price for the unlimited vs what the min. # of excursions that will need to be bought for the World Collection?

Thanks for any light you can shed on this closely guarded Oceania secret!

Sabrina

About the same time the excursions are posted on the web for your cruise (approx 180 days before sailing), you can also call O and have them send you a PDF with all the planned tours (including list price), the price of the unlimited collection, the minimum # for the 25% off deal, etc.

From that PDF (I find it easier to plan with than the web listings), you can pick what you think you'll want, call O and ask them to give you the total cost as individual purchases or in the unlimited package or in the 25% off version.

Since we often mix O and private tours, we've generally go no the 25% off minimum number purchase to be the best value. YRMV.

BTW, we also use the PDF to identify some suggestions for tours to pursue - though why private providers (comparison prices in hand).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A somewhat different question about shorex's

I know that O Life shorex's have to be pre-booked at least 14 days prior to sailing.

What is the latest a regular (non O Life) excursion can be pre-booked online prior to boarding?

Is it 7 days?

Edited by Paulchili

A somewhat different question about shorex's

I know that O Life shorex's have to be pre-booked at least 14 days prior to sailing.

What is the latest a regular (non O Life) excursion can be pre-booked online prior to boarding?

Is it 7 days?

Seven days before sailing is when Oceania takes everything offline and transfers the information to the ships' records, so you would have to get your Shorex booked before that deadline.

After months of checking to make sure that all of my ducks are in a row, that day when my account "disappeares" always gives me the willies.

Edited by JimandStan

Seven days before sailing is when Oceania takes everything offline and transfers the information to the ships' records, so you would have to get your Shorex booked before that deadline.

After months of checking to make sure that all of my ducks are in a row, that day when my account "disappeares" always gives me the willies.

J&S - thank you for confirming that.

Edited by Paulchili