Shore Excursion Credit Question

tripleboom

So in reviewing the terms & conditions and the message boards postings, I've been able to figure out this much (and please correct me if I'm wrong):

A) Call the shore excursion number or book once on board to assure the credit will be applied.

B) After you've actually taken the excursion, your on board account will show a credit of $50.

What I can't tell for certain is this... We will have a fair amount of OBC already, so I'm not sure we'll actually spend ALL $200 of the credit we'll get back on our excursions plus exhaust all the OBC. So can anyone say for certain if the shore excursion credit, since it's different than OBC, would be applied toward the daily service charges?

You won't get anything back on the shore excursions credits. Use it on excursions or lose it.

Yup. That much I do understand, but I saw it explained elsewhere that once you take the excursion, it actually appears on your stateroom account as a credit. In other words, you pay full price for the excursion up front, and then they apply the $50 credit to the account afterward. So if I book and pay for all my excursions in advance, then those charges won't appear on my stateroom account in the first place. So I should just see a credit to my stateroom account. The question then becomes, is that credit treated like OBC that can't be used toward the daily service charges, or is it truly a credit that could apply toward those daily service charges?

You can't prepay your excursions if you want to take advantage of the excursion credit promotion. We used it and the way it works is you reserve the excursion but have it billed to your onboard account, then after you take it, the credit appears on your statement. If you try to book online, you are required to prepay, that's why you need to book thru the excursion 800 number.

This is how it worked for us. When you call NCL and book your excursions they don’t charge you, they just reserve the excursion. The first day you board the ship all the shores excursions you have booked will be charged to your cabin. As the day of each excursion is completed your bill is then issued the $50 credit.

This is how it worked for us. When you call NCL and book your excursions they don’t charge you, they just reserve the excursion. The first day you board the ship all the shores excursions you have booked will be charged to your cabin. As the day of each excursion is completed your bill is then issued the $50 credit.

This is so strange! When I called yesterday to the special excursion desk number, they told me that won't do reservations anymore. Either you book in advance, pay now, and then they'll issue you an onboard credit once you take the excursion; OR you can book once aboard the ship. I wonder if I just got a rep who didn't know what she was talking about. :confused:

You can't prepay your excursions if you want to take advantage of the excursion credit promotion. We used it and the way it works is you reserve the excursion but have it billed to your onboard account, then after you take it, the credit appears on your statement. If you try to book online, you are required to prepay, that's why you need to book thru the excursion 800 number.

That's the way our credit works also.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

This is so strange! When I called yesterday to the special excursion desk number, they told me that won't do reservations anymore. Either you book in advance, pay now, and then they'll issue you an onboard credit once you take the excursion; OR you can book once aboard the ship. I wonder if I just got a rep who didn't know what she was talking about. :confused:

That is strange, but it's quite possible NCL has changed the way they book and credit the excursions. You might call again to see if you get the same information the first rep gave you.