Bit of a Blog : Crown Princess : Buenos Aires - Valparaiso : February 1st 2017

NorbertsNiece

We drive through Once which is the Jewish quarter.

Most sites with a Jewish cultural or religious aspect have blocks placed on the pavement to prevent vehicular access.

This one has quite ornate ones.

DSCN1856.jpg

DSCN1857.jpg

DSCN1858.jpg

DSCN1859.jpg

At the base of each tree on this avenue is a plaque with the name of one of those who perished in the two bombings.

DSCN1860.jpg

It is a textile district

DSCN1861.jpg

We are heading to the Cathedral. There is a building with Eva Peron (Evita) designed on the side

DSCN1903.jpg

DSCN1905.jpg

Jacob being reunited with Joseph and his brothers.

DSCN1909.jpg

The current Pope was the Archbishop here

DSCN1910.jpg

There is a Mass under way

Down one side there is a chapel

DSCN1912.jpg

It contains a memorial to Jews who perished in the camps in WWII

DSCN1913.jpg

I like your shot selections, especially your Argentina tour.

Viewing it felt like traveling with you. Thanks.

Thanks.

Due to the time exigencies this cruise I can't post everything (nor would I want to!!) but there are some that would merit tweaking if I had the time..... I've more of Buenos Aires city for example

My get up and go got up and left me today...... spent the entire day in bed......got up, showered had dinner and am back in my room.... simply have to be well enough to go ashore tomorrow at Stanley. This is the tour I have booked independently.

Story at dinner of a lady buying a watch on board.... her Rolex had been ripped from her arm in Buenos Aires. She had been badly bruised too. Our tour had been warned by our tour guides to not wear jewellery out in Rio and BA......

Here's tomorrow's Patter..... hope to be back up and running posting pics tomorrow.

February 7%2c 2017 Stanley Patter.pdf

Some people don't heed the warnings. My father in law has been robbed in Italy 3 times at least. He lives there but is Pompous and wont listen so he ends up paying. When we were in Argentina our guide said she had been robbed 3 times in 6 years and she lives there. She made a fuss about a small necklace with a cross on it.

Thank you so much for posting this wonderful review. It is of enormous interest to me as I will be on Crown Princess in June doing the Baltics and then in February next year will be doing the same cruise on Emerald Princess. I have booked the same tour as you in Stanley so very much looking forward to your report.