Fit Bit Use

Katiekakes

Yes, it will still count steps. Yes, you can sync with wifi. I have a fitbit one which counts flights of stairs climbed also. Some have found the stair climb goes haywire, but that may be because of up-elevator use. It counts flights of stairs by changes in elevation...EM

Yes it will count steps and keep track of mileage. Do you have a smart phone? At home I don't ever sync it via computer. If you download the Fitbit app to your cell phone it'll sync via Bluetooth. Can be turned on when you are in airplane mode and is 100% free.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This post is a related aside ..... I use a Garmin activity tracker and it worked fine for walking step counting, mileage, and everything it usually does, during a 16 day cruise.

I was reluctant to turn on my smart phone to sync and download the data from the device during the cruise, and was pleasantly surprised after I got home and synced it. All of those days of data did download.

Yes, it will still count steps. Yes, you can sync with wifi. I have a fitbit one which counts flights of stairs climbed also. Some have found the stair climb goes haywire, but that may be because of up-elevator use. It counts flights of stairs by changes in elevation...EM

My fitbit has never counted flights of stairs accurately when on a ship and a little research explains why. Since I have never taken an elevator on a cruise ship -- yup never have -- the above theory doesn't explain the challenge.

Just remember if you are running on the deck or even walking as the ship is under way and you are using a GPS based tracker remember you are not running at 23 miles per hour down one side of the ship. :)

For example...lol...Couldn't figure out why my laps were so lopsided till I realized I was super slow running "against" the ship and then really moving "with" the ship...

I guess just a life lesson to be on the look out for. Shouldn't affect just step counts, but the Fitbit Surge I have does GPS as well and you may also have one similar.

Yes it will count steps and keep track of mileage. Do you have a smart phone? At home I don't ever sync it via computer. If you download the Fitbit app to your cell phone it'll sync via Bluetooth. Can be turned on when you are in airplane mode and is 100% free

If I put my phone on airplane mode, it won't sync. It tells me that Bluetooth is off. Is there something else I should be doing?