Main dining room tables on Davina?

Missystu

How large are the dining room tables on Davina? I am traveling with my husband, parents, 4 year old, 2.5 year old and 6 month old, which brings us to a total of 7 people. Will we most likely have a table to ourselves?

How large are the dining room tables on Davina? I am traveling with my husband, parents, 4 year old, 2.5 year old and 6 month old, which brings us to a total of 7 people. Will we most likely have a table to ourselves?

Yes you will be in a 8 top.

Should be a hoot with our party of 10.

Our first sailing on MSC we had 9, which is the pretty typical for our travels. They basically made no attempt to get us a table together. We had 5 at one table and 4 at another, that were just near each other. First and only cruise so far that we have never been seated together. Hopefully on our upcoming sailing with us having 7 and 1 newbie that they will make sure to seat us together.

Our first sailing on MSC we had 9, which is the pretty typical for our travels. They basically made no attempt to get us a table together. We had 5 at one table and 4 at another, that were just near each other. First and only cruise so far that we have never been seated together. Hopefully on our upcoming sailing with us having 7 and 1 newbie that they will make sure to seat us together.

Oh no!! We have 4 adults and 3 kids so they dare not separate us!!!

There were 7 at my table. Must have been for 8 but it was pretty tight with the 7. Or maybe it was supposed to be for 6. But since there were 3 singles, I'm guessing they wouldn't bother to add a single to an already full table. Who knows? I asked to be relocated and a very nasty maître d' barked at me that I had to stay where I was placed. That's the kind of blue chip service you get on MSC.

We are a family of 5; is it likely we would be placed with others? Can we request a table with just our family and are those types of requested usually honored?

Don't know if they will honor the request but it wouldn't hurt to request it if that's what you want.

Don't know if they will honor the request but it wouldn't hurt to request it if that's what you want.

Ok, thank you. We haven't booked yet, still researching to see if it sounds like a good fit for us. While we don't mind having tablemates, my oldest went off to college this year and I would prefer to be able to concentrate on having the whole family together at dinner and not having to focus on tablemates.

Ps - your list of cruises is impressive! :)

I have always been able to request that our party be seated together. If you haven't booked as one group it is possible that MSC will not know that you want to be together. On the first day of the cruise it will be advisable to see the Maitre'd. He will be in an office and you can go see him and request the same table or even a change to your seating time. :) They will accommodate any request if at all possible.

Please go early and not ask when you arrive at dinner - by then its too late as you will cause disruption to other guests if you want to change at dinner time.

For the party of nine that were separated... did you have your reservations linked? Did you request to sit together? We are nine, linked and pre-requested! It will be awful if we are not all at one table!

Yes all reservations were linked and booked at the same time. We had 5 cabins booked. I actually forgot one in our party so we actually had 10, but one decided the dining time was too late. So we had the party of 9, divided into two tables, though it was linked for us to have 10 dining together.

Our cruise was also booked almost a year before hand too, and still didn't put us together. We spoke with the Maitre'd several times and he really didn't make any attempt at all to put us together. Was very disappointing. Every other cruise line has put us together. Upcoming cruise we have 7, I will check all our cards at boarding to see if we are together, if we aren't then I will go straight to the dining room to request a change. Hoping I won't need to.

Edited by mom2tcdx2

There will be 8 of us on the Poesia in June, 4 adults, 4 kids. Most of the time they will join tables for size of group. I know you will have lots of fun taking children with Grandparents to baby set. I know I am Grandpa and love it.