Catholic Mass

euromaster

A search on the internet will show you the location of Roman Catholic churchs in the area. Maybe you could work with your local Bishop's office to find one that would be best. I may be a long shot, but check if there is a Catholic priest on board during your cruise. He may be saying Mass onboard.

Edited by Lazz

I have found this information. You may wish to check how up to date it is. However, you will require a Russian visa as you will not be with an approved company or on a ship tour :

St. Catherine Roman Catholic Church conducts masses on Sundays at 9:30 am in English, 10:30 am in Russian, 12 pm in Russian, 1:30 pm in Polish, 7 pm in Russian.

Weekday services are at 8 am and 6:30 pm in Russian

Address: Nevsky Prospekt 32-34

Metro: Nevsky Prospekt/Gostiny Dvor

Telephone: 311-71-70

Fax: 315-19-29

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by bengaltiger1

Correct. You cannot roam St. P like other cities. You need to either purchase an expensive visa to do your own thing or.... book all your touring with the ship (ugh) or.... best choices book with a government approved tour company who will issue you the paperwork to get into the city WITH THEIR GUIDE. They will not let you take a side turn for mass. It is very regulated and the tour companies can lose their business rights if they aren't diligent.

I suppose if you found a large enough group with like interests you could book a private tour which would include mass. But that would surely cut into your day's stops.

We are planning a northern European cruise with St Petersburg on Sunday. Is it possible to go to a catholic mass in St Petersburg?

If you are taking a local package tour in St. Petersburg, it may be hard for you to arrange it with the tour operator as your group may be of different denomination, or tour stops/time may be fixed. If by yourselves, acquiring a visa may be your worry. `