Oasis Central Park balcony deck 12 too high?

taketwo

Hello! We just booked our first Oasis cruise! Have only done Freedom ship before (deck 7).

Is deck 12 too high? I have never had a Cabin higher then deck 7. We also like quiet and we do have cabins above and below us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We had 11211 on Central Park. With the balcony door shut, it was very quiet. The balcony door made a big difference in reducing noise. The only noisy thing we noticed was when the band played on the pool deck, deck 15, usually only in the afternoons. They are on the crossover, above the wall dividing Central Park from Boardwalk. I thought that was a bit too loud to try to sit out on the balcony and read a book. I wonder if a room further forward would have helped.

Hello! We just booked our first Oasis cruise! Have only done Freedom ship before (deck 7).

Is deck 12 too high? I have never had a Cabin higher then deck 7. We also like quiet and we do have cabins above and below us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My family has stayed in Central Park balconies on deck 12 twice. We are pool people and have two kids that enjoy the kids club, Adventure Ocean.

Deck 12 gives you one "buffer deck" between you and the pool, but is still an easy walk up to the pool deck.

It also gives you easy acces to Adventure Ocean on deck 14.

We've also stayed in ocean view balconies on deck 12 for these same reasons.

Our last cruise on Allure we were in ocean view balconies on deck 7 due to availability. They offered better access to Central Park and the boardwalk, but we had to take the elevators to the pool deck.

I wouldn't worry too much about noise on deck 12. Can you hear the pool deck, yes. Is it that bad, no.

I would think about the areas you use the most and find a cabin closest to that. We're pool people so the higher the better for us.

Whichever way you go you're going to have a great cruise!

James

The 12th deck is perfect. All of my cruises on the Oasis/Allure have been on the 12th. Convenient to the pool areas & windjammer. We've had cabin # 12591 and it faces the Park Café and we get a joy of watching people line up early in the am for breakfast and the brisk business through the day. After enjoying the day at the Solarium, I'd like to sit on my balcony and listen to the music emanating from the pool area.

Ps. Also, 1 deck above the D lounge.