Circle C on Carnival for an ALMOST tween

tnebell

Good evening all,

Question. Anyone have experience with Carnival allowing an almost 12 yr old into Circle C rather than Camp Carnival? I'd love to allow my son to hang with that group instead of the younger crowd.

TIA!

Tamara

really? I had heard that they sometimes allowed kids on the cusp of moving to the next age group to hang out with that group instead. My son has been in Camp Carnival before, and many times he said he found it boring but this last time (Carnival Magic) they got to hang out sometimes in the Circle C (tween area\club) and he enjoyed that. Darn.

Your best bet is to ask politely and privately (since they aren't going to want to deal with a million requests). In general, it is easier to move down than up, and to move on cruises with fewer children but it is always at the discretion of the kids club staff. It won't hurt to ask, but be prepared for the likelihood the answer might be no (some tween clubs have less supervision, and they aren't going to want to deal with the possibility of an 11 year old getting hurt.

Yeah, I've already warned son that he might be stuck with the 9 yr olds but next year when we cruise he will definitely be with the Circle C crowd (because by then he'll be 12 1/2)

I could've sworn I can give my son permission to sign himself out of Camp Carnival/Ocean. I'm looking all over the Carnival website now though and can't recall where it was. We've told him this year he will have more freedom than in the past.

Disregard, found the permission, and yes we gave him permission to leave. Last cruise he got bored sometimes among all the little ones.

Edited by tnebell

He will find the 12-14 year olds wandering the ship and up on Sports Square or at putt-putt. They often are not in the Circle C room. So if he is outgoing he can make friends

And I should note that there very well could be several other almost 12 yo in Camp that also have sign out privileges. He should try to meet people there as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by A&Jfamily

He will find the 12-14 year olds wandering the ship and up on Sports Square or at putt-putt. They often are not in the Circle C room. So if he is outgoing he can make friends

And I should note that there very well could be several other almost 12 yo in Camp that also have sign out privileges. He should try to meet people there as well.

Yup last cruise he made friends with other kids in Circle C. Many times they brought together the Camp Carnival and Circle C groups and had them play group games together outside.