Alaska Connoisseur Cruisetour with Kantishna Experience upgrade

lstone19

Looking for anyone who has done a Princess Connoisseur Cruisetour (the ones with meals included) who has upgrade the included Denali tour to the all day and full length of the road Kantishna Experience. Specifically, how well that worked with the included meals. From what I've read, the tour departure could be as early as 6:30am. The Princess Denali Lodge website says they normally don't open for breakfast until 6:00am but that hours can change. Were you still able to get breakfast before departing? Dinner seems to be less of an issue since that website says dinner until 10:00pm.

We looked into that excursion and decided it was just too dang long to do in one day. We did the TWT and it was plenty. If you Google it you are sure to find older threads here on CC about the excursion and you might be able to get some insight into how it works from those.

I would try putting this into the Google search box:

Kantishna Experience site:cruisecritic.com

Edited by Thrak

We've done the TWT before. So going deeper into park has appeal. Really just curious about the timing. But I've since found that the breakfast buffet opens at 5am so sounds like it all works.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Going back to Kantisha I think is an amazing experience. It is a wonderful little lodge and the scenery on the way there is not to be missed....it is a long day, but I suspect one that you will remember for a lifetime. The cafeterias do open up so you can get on their buses, and the lunch usually served at Kantisha is soup and a sandwich plus something sweet. It has a fascinating history, and there are options that you can do ther also..or least there have been... I say, go for it....

Also you can purchase a box lunch at the small cafe in the main lodge. Order it the night before and pick it up that morning. Verify pickup times before ordering. Costly but their is no place on the road to buy amy food.

If you want to order a box lunch for the next day from the cafe, make sure you get there before 8:00 pm. We got there at 8:04 and the two girls behind the counter refused to take our order saying we were too late.