Cruising with unrelated child

Iowa_Vike

We are heading out on a cruise on February 20th on Majesty of the Seas. My daughter is taking her friend (17). I have form to have the parents fill out but have a couple questions.

First, the parents are divorced and I plan on both parents sign forms. Anyone deal with two consent forms?

Second, anyone have forms they recently used on RCCI?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I have done this twice the last time in the summer of 2015. The first time parents were divorced and I had a letter for both parents to sign and have notarized. In the letter you need it to state when the cruise is, where you are going, medical release and any other release you may need. I found mine on line and tweaked it for what I needed. You have to have it notarized. Both times they didn't ask for the letters but it is best to have them. Hope this helps.

Edited by greeneyesviv

Done this many times with the parents of the child being divorced, always brought 1 form from the mother and one from the father. Here is a copy of the mothers form I use.

To Whom it May Concern

I, Mothers name, formally mothers maiden name (mother), do give permission for your name to take my daughter, childs name, whose date of birth is childs birthdate, on a cruise aboard Royal Caribbean’s Ship Name sailing from Departure Port on Sail Date.

The cruise is scheduled to go to itinerary but I understand that the itinerary is subject to change and agree to any changes the cruise line may make.

I also give your name permission to secure and authorize any medical treatment that childs name may need while in their care and to sign any waivers needed to authorize any activities childs name may want to partake in.

Signed this day of 2017 in Brevard County Florida

Mothers name

STATE OF FLORIDA

COUNTY OF ________

Sworn to and subscribed before me this _____ day of _____, 2017, by

Signature Florida Notary Public ________________________________

Notary Stamp

Personally Known ______ OR Produced Identification _______

Type of Identification Produced_______________________________________________

I've never taken an unrelated child but always have my kids' father (we're divorced) sign and notarize a similar form, although I've never been asked for it. In addition to what the poster above wrote, I add a line about flying since we are usually flying, even if the planned flight is domestic. I add a line that he also agrees that I can take them on a a flight to XXX city on XXX date but as with the cruise itinerary, I write that he understands plans could change at the last minute due to weather or mechanical or other issues, and that he agrees that they can continue with me on any flight changes/diversions necessary to get to/from our destination, including international airports.

Also, in addition to giving ME permission to travel with them and authorize medical treatment and sign waivers, I put in that either I and/or my boyfriend can do so, and sometimes I add his sister or brother in law's name if they're going with us. We are often a large family group and sometimes the men take the kids to do something, or some of the kids are doing one thing and some are doing another so I might not always be right there to sign for one of my kids. Or God forbid I or one of my kids gets hurt or sick and ends up in a hospital or coming home early, I want my other kids to be able to continue to trip with my boyfriend and his family.

Only one parent needs to consent to a child going on a cruise, not both, just FYI for both people who are traveling with an unrelated child as well as parents sailing without the other parent (regardless of marital status). It's flying to another country where you need the consent of both parents.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are heading out on a cruise on February 20th on Majesty of the Seas. My daughter is taking her friend (17). I have form to have the parents fill out but have a couple questions.

First, the parents are divorced and I plan on both parents sign forms. Anyone deal with two consent forms?

Second, anyone have forms they recently used on RCCI?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Sound planning, and in keeping with CBP's recommendation:

U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) strongly recommends that unless the child is accompanied by both parents, the adult have a note from the child's other parent (or, in the case of a child traveling with grandparents, uncles or aunts, sisters or brothers, friends, or in groups*, a note signed by both parents) stating "I acknowledge that my wife/husband/etc. is traveling out of the country with my son/daughter/group. He/She/They has/have my permission." See our Q&A parental consent.

Only one parent needs to consent to a child going on a cruise, not both, just FYI for both people who are traveling with an unrelated child as well as parents sailing without the other parent (regardless of marital status). It's flying to another country where you need the consent of both parents.

Law actually varies by country. Brazil is very, very strict about the paperwork. A parent traveling with their own children can be delayed if there is no paperwork about the 2nd parent. That includes travel where borders arent crossed.

So OP, always check with the laws of the ports you are going to as well.

Edited by jamesboat