sapphire beach or secret harbor

emblema

Hi i ve narrowed to this 2 options, i already made a search but the last thread i found comparing this options was from 2011, can anyone tell me an actualized recommendation for my alternatives

Thanks in advanced

Hi, thanks for your reply !

Actually we want a quiet beach, the availability of chairs and umbrellas for rent would be necessary because of my parents and kids.

we would like to do some snorkel with my brother, meanwhile my parents and wife will be watching for the kids out, would like to have a beer or 2 and some soft drinks and water for the kids , the availability of chicken fingers or fish sandwiches would be a plus but not a decisive factor

thanks in advanced

Secret Harbor is more consistently calm than Sapphire and is very popular with families with kids. They have beach bar food at the restaurant.

You need to either reserve chairs at the Aqua Action Dive Shop or get there early. It's a small bay so chairs are limited.

Thanks for your answer, I am leaning towards secret Harbor, I would like to read to a couple of more answers before making my decision, btw your opinion was very helpful, thanks a lot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sapphire is generally calm when there are swells it can be rougher. But if calm water is a high priority SH would be a good choice.

Having said that, we much prefer Sapphire for the water and island views, and for a quieter experience. You can take your lounges away from the dive shop where most folks stay and find a nice, naturally shaded spot by the water. The shade is by a rockier section of shore, but it's a short walk to the sandier swimming area. Snorkeling is good with a coral area and a sea grass area, and there is food and drink service on the beach.

At SH day visitors are normally relegated to one section of the beach, and being a smaller bay it's generally busier.

But both are home to condo properties and are good options and it can be difficult choosing. :)

As mentioned AA at SH can run out of lounges and umbrellas early so if you do go there you'll want to get there early, or possibly reserve ahead of time. But I'm sure there is a cancellation policy...

http://www.sapphireinthesun.com

http://www.aadivers.com/

Edited by blue_water

Sapphire is generally calm when there are swells it can be rougher. But if calm water is a high priority SH would be a good choice.

Having said that, we much prefer Sapphire for the water and island views, and for a quieter experience. You can take your lounges away from the dive shop where most folks stay and find a nice, naturally shaded spot by the water. The shade is by a rockier section of shore, but it's a short walk to the sandier swimming area. Snorkeling is good with a coral area and a sea grass area, and there is food and drink service on the beach.

At SH day visitors are normally relegated to one section of the beach, and being a smaller bay it's generally busier.

But both are home to condo properties and are good options and it can be difficult choosing. :)

As mentioned AA at SH can run out of lounges and umbrellas early so if you do go there you'll want to get there early, or possibly reserve ahead of time. But I'm sure there is a cancellation policy...

http://www.sapphireinthesun.com

http://www.aadivers.com/

Thanks !

We went to Secret Harbor last Feb., we wanted to snorkel. Unfortunately, we couldn't see more than a foot in front of us. Very cloudy water. I was not impressed by the beach either. So my DH and I walked out and eventually found a shuttle that took us to Coki. The water was crystal clear here.

Three years ago, we went to Sapphire. Beach was nicer and snorkeling was okay, water was clear. It was a little wavy, but not too bad.

Not sure if it was the wind or the direction from it, but we will not return to Secret Harbor. We researched and were very excited, but greatly disappointed. (just our opinions).

We went to Secret Harbor last Feb., we wanted to snorkel. Unfortunately, we couldn't see more than a foot in front of us. Very cloudy water. I was not impressed by the beach either. So my DH and I walked out and eventually found a shuttle that took us to Coki. The water was crystal clear here.

Three years ago, we went to Sapphire. Beach was nicer and snorkeling was okay, water was clear. It was a little wavy, but not too bad.

Not sure if it was the wind or the direction from it, but we will not return to Secret Harbor. We researched and were very excited, but greatly disappointed. (just our opinions).

Thanks for your report. Secret Harbor is generally quite calm, but your experience shows it is not immune to the sea and wind conditions on a given day. The water clarity at most beaches is affected by those conditions, and we've seen Coki and Sapphire the same way with the sand whipped up and poor visibility near shore. Other days the water is crystal clear.

We also think the beach at Sapphire is much nicer than SH, but that is just our opinion as well. We'll take any beach right now to get out of the other white stuff! :rolleyes:

• 5 months later...

We are also trying to decide between Sapphire and Secret Harbor, and Sapphire has risen to the top. Snorkeling is on our todo list, but I'm wondering what people do with their stuff while in the water? Are there lockers?