What would your dream ship look like?

BoiiMcFly

Scenario: You have an unlimited budget to build the ship of your dreams, could be personal or for business use; what would it look like and what features would it have?

I would love to build a large cruise ship with a "nature" theme. There would be plants all over the ship. Think of a RC's Central park on steroids. I would add a large infinity pool that blends with the ocean, have a beach with actual sand and a little swim-up beach bar. Gotta have the palm trees of course, possibly a jungle slide. I would like to have different types of climate as well; a desert sauna, Japanese gardens, maybe a tropical rain-forest spa with waterfall. The emphasis would be on relaxation, but there would be lots of entertainment as well. We would also focus heavily on the eco-friendly factor of the cruise ship as well.

What about yours?

Lots of nooks and crannies around the outside of the ship where I could read and stare out to sea in peace.

Not overly friendly room stewards...I know that's weird.

Better TV because we don't have it st home

Better maps at the ports and info on how to sightsee on your own.

Edited by Koalacash

A ship that looks and feels like a classic ocean liner, not a floating theme park. With the looks of a Cunard liner, holding only 1000 cruisers, but with modern luxuries. Like sleep number beds, large bathrooms, where I can't touch both walls when I stretch out my arms, and dining rooms with enough space between tables that I can't hear the people at the next table when they breathe. A ship that can provide quality entertainment but also has plenty of quiet spaces, inside and out, for guests who prefer it.

A ship that looks and feels like a classic ocean liner, not a floating theme park. With the looks of a Cunard liner, holding only 1000 cruisers, but with modern luxuries. Like sleep number beds, large bathrooms, where I can't touch both walls when I stretch out my arms, and dining rooms with enough space between tables that I can't hear the people at the next table when they breathe. A ship that can provide quality entertainment but also has plenty of quiet spaces, inside and out, for guests who prefer it.

Yes you look at ocean liners like the Titanic or QE2 and they just had way more beauty and style than most newer ships.

IMO, that ship has already been built. Advertised as "the most luxurious cruise ship ever built", Regent Seven Seas Explorer is absolutely amazing. We had honor of sailing on her when she was christened in Monte Carlo last July. She was christened by the Princess of Monaco. We cruise on luxury cruise lines and have not seen anything like her - ever! Since July we have spent 30 days sailing on the Explorer with another 14 night scheduled for March!

In addition to being an all-suite, all balcony ship, most of her suites have large bathrooms with two sinks and tons of room for storage (with both a full bath and large shower), the most comfortable bed that I've ever slept on, walk-in closets, etc. The ships holds just under 750 passengers and is ultra all-inclusive (includes international Business Class air, all drinks (whether alcoholic or not -- alcoholic drinks are top shelf), most excursions and dining in specialty restaurants). On Sunday (when it is a sea day), the buffet brunch is over the top. They serve caviar, champagne (or any other drink), lobster, crab, jumbo shrimp, sushi/sashimi, an egg station, a crepe station, a huge display of appetizers and desserts -- absolutely amazing. On Sundays in port, they still have a caviar and champagne breakfast served in both their buffet and sit-down restaurant.

If you want total luxury, this is the ship to sail on.

Edited by Travelcat2

I think she would look a lot like HAL's Prinsendam.

Good looking ship. I often read that HAL builds theirs ship like ocean liners (they sure look like them), does that only refer to the aesthetics or also hull design, etc?

Edited by BoiiMcFly