Ncl's "invitation to bid program" is a joke!

bakerman

I have declined to bid in the past.

Our fares was so low (something like 50pp/pd), it felt like they were trying to squeeze more money out of us. so we declined. it could be that they are picking people who have very low fares.

I have declined to bid in the past.

Our fares was so low (something like 50pp/pd), it felt like they were trying to squeeze more money out of us. so we declined. it could be that they are picking people who have very low fares.

Sorry you feel that way. No scam at all.

For those that are/were thinking about an upgrade in cabin, it is a great deal. For those that already very happy with what they have and do not want to spend, then great.

I really doubt they give a darn on what you paid. They are just looking for ways to "monetize" available cabins. You could have paid $300 less than another person for identical cabins, but the person that bids the most is gonna get the upgrade. Simple business.

They really just want more revenue - but only from those that are willing to pay a bit more. There are all kinds of folks that cruise. Cheap inside to balcony to suite to haven. To each their own.

Sorry you feel that way. No scam at all.

For those that are/were thinking about an upgrade in cabin, it is a great deal. For those that already very happy with what they have and do not want to spend, then great.

I really doubt they give a darn on what you paid. They are just looking for ways to "monetize" available cabins. You could have paid $300 less than another person for identical cabins, but the person that bids the most is gonna get the upgrade. Simple business.

They really just want more revenue - but only from those that are willing to pay a bit more. There are all kinds of folks that cruise. Cheap inside to balcony to suite to haven. To each their own.

Lol, we didn't take it seriously. It came out meaner than intended in that post. We were happy at the CHEAP prices that we got and were fine with the accommodations. I mean 50pp/pd? You seriously cannot beat that. We felt like we robbed them ;p

So because you didn't get a call for an upgrade, you decide to tell the world you're done with NCL. Why didn't you just book the cabin you wanted in the 1st place?:rolleyes:

That's what we always do, book the cabin we would be happy with, and stay there.

I've cruised 7 times and have 2 more booked but have never gotten the upgrade call. I'm guessing my big box store TA doesn't have the upsell option since I didn't get an offer on my last Getaway cruise. Most of the time I sail with my family so I book through that TA and book a large balcony. Since I am happy with the room and know that a Haven suite is out of my price range, I am always happy.

For my solo Epic cruise coming up, I am booked in a studio for a screaming good price ($800 including taxes and UBP taxes) through NCL. Since it is just me, I will most likely bid a couple hundred dollars in hopes of a balcony cabin. If the upgrade lands me somewhere that isn't quiet, I will be the only one bothered.