timing of flight home

esimon

thoughts on a 1 pm flight out of Montreal when the ship docks at 7 am? not at all familiar with distance to airport or possible traffic or size of this airport

thanks

I would think you should be fine. The airport is only about 20 kms from downtown Montreal. (About a 20 minute ride). If you are in the rush hour, it will take a bit longer, but the distance is so short that it shouldn't impact too much (maybe twice the time max? - I haven't gone in rush hour traffic).

Airport is quite large (for Canada) but your driver should drop you off at the door for your plane without any trouble.

The city of Montreal is one large construction project,all the major roads are being renovated at the same time .I would plan on an hour just to be safe but you will have plenty of time for a 1PM flight.Disembarkation is fast in Montreal,we encountered a long line for taxis but it moved quickly.The port arrival building was being renovated last year and ships docked east of downtown but it is supposed to be ready for this season.

Hope you have a great cruise.

Edited by Louise sail

thoughts on a 1 pm flight out of Montreal when the ship docks at 7 am? not at all familiar with distance to airport or possible traffic or size of this airport

thanks

1 PM should be fine.

About 18 months ago we did this same route and it was a mess, between long lines to get a taxi (according to friends who did this), serious downtown construction and the distance to the airport (about 30 minutes as I recall).

Luckily we opted for a HAL transfer (ship to airport) and were sure glad we did (I have had bad luck with Montreal taxi drivers in the past).